Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fangs

Default Fangs

SO, haven't been on here for a while but thought I share a quick trip I went on. Had to head down to San Diego on Sunday to pick up BFT that I had processed from my 1 1/2 day trip that got back Thursday. Got a 35 and 60lber...sorry, no picts of that. Made a surf-road trip out of it and headed to a beach down south that's usually out of reach for me on a normal morning session. Lost one early to a pulled hook that I got a look at before he won his freedom and got one right at the end. Looked to be about 22". Good fight with a couple good drag burns when I hooked up. Wanted to release him but the hooks slit his throat so I had to keep him. Funny...I was going down there cuz I didn't want to clean fish and here I am with a fish to clean once I got home. Tasted a bit like WSB with a bit more small bones to deal with.

Tight lines and stay safe!!!
    Don

Good to see a report from you Don. A Corvina is still on my bucket list. The ol slash my own throat apparently happens with Corvina just like WSB. If ya stick them on the tail hook and they take off the other hooks on the flash minnow are in the WRONG spot. At least there isn’t a size limit on corvina that I’m aware of.

DUDE,
    I thought you said cor"B"ina!?!

I wish I could have joined you but as you know had to work last Sunday.

Great job,
    Robert
    <><

Nice catch Brother Don, very rare indeed!
    Better get all your fishing fix in before you get your bionic upgrades.

Awesome! Heard they make great ceviche