Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How To Surf Rig a 3-Way Swivel!

Default How To Surf Rig a 3-Way Swivel!

This Is The Way I Configure My 3-Way Swivels For Surf Casting!

I prefer this style of using 3-way swivels. When i was a youngster i remember catching a baby Hammerhead Shark off town & that small shark "popped" the rivet-style ringed swivel. Since then i've only used this style that has held GT's to Sharks in Hawaii to Drums in Florida. I prefer 2 sizes. Inshore the 3/0 & 2/0. Bigger rigs to night usage the 4/0 & 3/0. I did try the 3/0 & 3/0 and it was ok for inshore rigging. I tried it because at that time it was the only "dull" finished swivel available.

I prefer the Black Nickel 3-ways. No shiny surface. I've done very well using these. I'm guessing the normal shiny surfaces will catch the sun's rays when turning on the bottom due to surge and/or current. All spear fishermen know this as a sign of a fish turning. I'm guessing that "flash" might scare the fish away? In any event they work. If it ain't broken why fix it. Correct?

https://youtu.be/lJfoL5WKLs4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-Way Swivel.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	53418