Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Hooker Stick Bait Lure!

Default Hooker Stick Bait Lure!

A NEW Stick Bait Release From FishLab!

Recently FishLab sent me some jigs & lures to field test. I decided to use my 8'3" MH Hawaiian Custom Popping Rod that was designed by Brian Kimata of Brian's Fishing Supply for Okuma. This was a good match. These lures are 4-1/4in & are 2-1/3oz. It's a slow sinking lure that uses 2 single 4/0 Owner Hooks. The next size up is 6-1/4in & weighs 3-1/2oz with Owner ST 2/0 Treble Hooks. After a few hours i've experienced 1 short hit & a few fish following the lure back in.

I found the size to be easy to cast & the weight manageable. What i found to be a detriment was the freakish current. So after a few hours i went back to the car & it was covered in salt spray from the surf and winds. So i decided to hit the other side of the peninsula. Fish were following the lure but no takers. So after hitting the Texaco Car Wash i came home for lunch & started servicing my reels.

I used the Hawaiian Custom 8'3" MH Popping Rod. It was a good match-up. I think these lures will be good for trolling the drops. But for now i'll be shore casting them.

https://youtu.be/ltoNy_K7vgk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hooker Stick Bait .jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	53351