Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: just some fish from castaic.

Default just some fish from castaic.

my computer broke awhile ago. then my motorcycle did also. so lost some footage. and took a bit to rebuy comp and vehicle and then get some footage to post. got a little saved up now. this summer has been fire for me on the upper shore at castaic. even had a few days 5-6 fish all 2lb and better. though now there is striper dinks everywhere and easier to catch some 1lb sometimes. im still seeing small largies that look fresh spawned. which is crazy because its late in the year but the water drop might have something to do with it. the other day i saw someones vid the small largemouth had like a soccer ball belly it was crazy. anyways gl out there.

thanks for the feature of my vid. sadly i had to move from california. and i now live in western kentucky on the west side of kentucky lake near the eggner ferry bridge. i had some more footage of castaic but my comp also broke after the move so lost a bunch of footage. i might still post here in future but it will be out of state reports. ive done ok here. the bait and wait is way better then castaic. so ive already got a few channel cats all around 2-3 lbs so just small ones. there are yellow bass here which are basically another type of panfish and ive got a few of them and lost some of them also. they remind me of stripers with looks but bluegills with their size i think the biggest one caught here in ky is like 1.7 lb. so most are small but they are thick like panfish. its crazy ive already got 3 topwater fish on whopper plopper but they were all around 1lb or smaller largies and smallie. and ive only got one on a drop shot and it was also a 1lb smallie. it was also crazy right before the move i went out one more time with a friend on his boat at lagoon. i never got a top water at castaic or the lagoon. and ive tried it like 20-30 hours over the past 4-5 years but i actually got one in the goon near the weeds before i left. but then already got some here. so happy about that. the lake here is a lot different also. really shallow around the shoreline. and the old river bed is deep here but most the lake is 10-25foot or so. some areas 30 foot. but then when get out to the old river channel it drops to like 60. so i have to adapt to fishing now a lot more shallower then i was at castaic. i was trying the few drops i could find that go to 30 here near the bridge. but not sure i can cast that far to the deeper area. but i also seen a lot of asian carp also. didnt know what they were at first. but ya after i now know what they are. i moved from the areas i seen them and then today got some smallies and largies. those asians are crazy. if a big truck drive over the bridge and make some crazy noise and the asians there. they all surface real fast at same time. its so wierd. but i think they are really bad overall for the fishing. anyways. talk to you all later.
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 09-17-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdogg661420 View Post
    thanks for the feature of my vid. sadly i had to move from california. and i now live in western kentucky on the west side of kentucky lake near the eggner ferry bridge. i had some more footage of castaic but my comp also broke after the move so lost a bunch of footage. i might still post here in future but it will be out of state reports. ive done ok here. the bait and wait is way better then castaic. so ive already got a few channel cats all around 2-3 lbs so just small ones. there are yellow bass here which are basically another type of panfish and ive got a few of them and lost some of them also. they remind me of stripers with looks but bluegills with their size i think the biggest one caught here in ky is like 1.7 lb. so most are small but they are thick like panfish. its crazy ive already got 3 topwater fish on whopper plopper but they were all around 1lb or smaller largies and smallie. and ive only got one on a drop shot and it was also a 1lb smallie. it was also crazy right before the move i went out one more time with a friend on his boat at lagoon. i never got a top water at castaic or the lagoon. and ive tried it like 20-30 hours over the past 4-5 years but i actually got one in the goon near the weeds before i left. but then already got some here. so happy about that. the lake here is a lot different also. really shallow around the shoreline. and the old river bed is deep here but most the lake is 10-25foot or so. some areas 30 foot. but then when get out to the old river channel it drops to like 60. so i have to adapt to fishing now a lot more shallower then i was at castaic. i was trying the few drops i could find that go to 30 here near the bridge. but not sure i can cast that far to the deeper area. but i also seen a lot of asian carp also. didnt know what they were at first. but ya after i now know what they are. i moved from the areas i seen them and then today got some smallies and largies. those asians are crazy. if a big truck drive over the bridge and make some crazy noise and the asians there. they all surface real fast at same time. its so wierd. but i think they are really bad overall for the fishing. anyways. talk to you all later.
    Thanks for all your castaic reports. Even though I never fish it anymore (don't do much fishing at all), it was always nice seeing your videos work the shore.

Good luck in KY. Looking forward to those carp videos.