Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Small But Fun II

Default Small But Fun II

Got to my spot at 540 am and fished the last of the outgoing tide (my favorite). Casted the jerkbait (Ima Gyodo) for no fish and switched over to the dropshot. Tied on a small Strike King Fluke style lure in white and caught a micro Halibut first cast. A few cast later I had a small YFC on and must say, what a great little fighter. I do not understand why more people do not target these or why they are not considered a sport fish. I have little experience with them but the last one I caught hit a large MC slug and pulled hard. Anyway great fish, more so on spinning tackle. Overall it was a fun session. Thanks for the read.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ab99r-f790o.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	53338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	axwa8-pgtyi.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	53339  
    Last edited by efrain; 08-06-2021 at 03:39 PM.

YFC pull hard Bro.
    They are fun and they travel in schools so keep casting where you are at a enjoy multiple hook ups.

Robert
    <><

Will do, thanks brother.

Looked at the title of your post and snickered. My wife says the same thing about me.