Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Masks!

Default More Masks!

So, LA is requiring masks for indoor use again.

This is because there is a rise of infections and hospitalizations.

But, the vast majority, if not all of the people that are being hospitalized, are people that have refused to be vacc'ed.

So, we're having to wear masks again to protect the unvaccinated? How about we let Darwin take its course.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 07-18-2021 at 03:35 PM.

there is a new mutation c37
    now mostly confined to peru

8 to 10% mortality rate with the current vaccines not being as effective as it is for other mutations of the virus

people that think it's happy days again are going to be shocked around oct

as far as the unvaccinated
    met a women up in idlewild saturday at a friends bbq
    she was in charge of the intensive care unit in hemet
    they have 11 beds that are all full
    all covid victims

not 1 vaccinated

The more of the virus there is around, the more it will mutate. Unfortunately, some of those mutations will be worse than the original, or the vaccines will be less effective against them.

I think Riverside County where I live had the first mask mandate in the nation, and we are still (mostly) wearing masks here in public. I don't like having to do it, but I will until it is safe to stop.

So far, I've gathered that:

1. The new mutations are more contagious.
    2. Having the vaccine essentially prevents hospitalization and death if you do happen to get infected by any strain or mutation.
    3. The vast majority of deaths and hospitalizations that are happening are individuals who are not vaccinated.

so...

4. If I do catch any strain, I'll be fine. All my friends and family are vaccinated, so if i do infect them, THEY'D be fine as well. But you're telling me I have to wear a mask so I don't go infecting some moron without a vaccine?

Again, how about we ditch masks all together and let Darwin sort it out?

Maybe I need eTucker to explain things to me.

Yes, basically it's to protect the 1/3 of the population or so that have not been vaccinated. The vaccinations are not for children, so that's another unvaccinated population, although they are less vulnerable to Covid-19 in general. Still, some children and teens have died from it.

not when it comes to c37
    that's why they are developing a new vaccine that address's the new mutation's

not a booster
    with delta most vaccinated people will at worst be mildly ill

with c37 they can expect hospitalization

I heard something yesterday which might be the biggest reason to "FORCE" people to take the vaccine! The argument of my body my choice (I wish these same people felt that way about Abortion)and I'm only hurting myself if I don't take it. That is wrong on so many levels, but let me get to the meat against that argument! It's hurting the "ECONOMY" and we will all suffer because of that! That was the reason they gave yesterday of the stock market dropping in a big way! Even a broader argument is, "we can't get rid of this pandemic" until herd immunity is reached! That means the economy won't fully recover til we beat this virus! The quickest and fastest way is through vaccinations! Everybody is part of the economy, so the Anti Vackers are hurting everybody!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-20-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Even a broader argument is, "we can't get rid of this pandemic" until herd immunity is reached!
    Or the uneducated unvaxx'ed kick the bucket.

I prefer that method.

Look at the people who are unvaxxed. It's not like we're gonna be losing Nobel Prize winners here.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Or the uneducated unvaxx'ed kick the bucket.

I prefer that method.

Look at the people who are unvaxxed. It's not like we're gonna be losing Nobel Prize winners here.
    What if children start getting sick from some variant of Covid-19 but can't be vaccinated for it? How about people who can't tolerate vaccines or can't be vaccinated for some reason? How about people who don't want to get the vaccine for some other reason than being a Trumpster, like fear of side effects? My wife is in that later category, and she is no dummy. She has 2 masters degrees.

Although I understand your point (which I see sometimes from my friends and group members on Facebook for instance), you open yourself up to criticism as being anti-humanitarian with social darwinist arguments like you are making.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 07-20-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Although I understand your point (which I see sometimes from my friends and group members on Facebook for instance), you open yourself up to criticism as being anti-humanitarian with social darwinist arguments like you are making.
    True. Don't wanna be called a conservative Republican.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast