Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Bigeyes "Aweoweo" Massing @ Night!

Default Bigeyes "Aweoweo" Massing @ Night!

Aweoweo Mass Migration at Night to Feed & Possibly Mate!

Years ago before i started videoing i was a Worldwide commercial diver.' I had just lost another friend diving in Hawaii & one in Australia. So i decided to retire from diving and try something different. Since i was an UW Photographer becoming a videographer seemed a natural progression. So these are older pics & vids. I used everything from Okuma to Shimano & Penn to start myself fishing again.

I was lucky enough to witness several of these migrations over the years. So i'm sharing a few of my earlier aweoweo fishing outings. Really doesn't take skill to catch Bigeyes, just determination. This is by far one of the tastiest reef fish out there. Even those rare 1lb fish feels like a Bluefin Omilu is on the line. Fun to hook & delicious to eat. Not to many bones & the small scales "melt" off during frying.

I hope everyone enjoys this short "video media" of night fishing for Bigeyes "aweoweo".

https://youtu.be/AxGUWdeaoo8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aweoweo.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	53312