Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Rigging NEWLY Released Nesika 9' Spinning Rods!

Default Rigging NEWLY Released Nesika 9' Spinning Rods!

The Nesika Family of Spinning Rods! 9ft! 10ft! 12ft!

Okuma's Nesika Surf Rod line will compliment the Rockaway Surf Rod Line. They both incorporate the same blank & have UFR technology for increased rod strength. Comes in 3 lengths of 9', 10' & 12'. Each length has 2 strengths of Medium & Med/Hvy. So 6 models all together. The Nesika has the same blank as the Rockaway except that the components are different.

The original Rockaway series was made for the Sea Perch Surf Casters of Oregon. The Hawaiian market loved these rods for whipping "spin casting". The Nesika incorporates a depressed guide w/Zirconium inserts over the Rockaways K-Guides. Also the Rocks have a tapered shrink tube grip over the Nesika's Eva Split Grip handle. I've used both before the released dates & found nothing wrong with neither units. Thanks to JRA for these samples.

Whipping/Spin Casting anglers have different concerns over bait dunkers. Using the right line & casting the proper weights are crucial. Type of line & diameters/strengths are personal preference. This is my first in depth review of the 9ft Nesika as i normally use the 10' & 12'-

Model# Nesika 9ft NSK-S-902MH
    Foregrip Length: 5-1/2in
    Line Weight: 12-20lbs
    Lure Weight" 3/4-2oz
    Number of Guides: 5 + Tip
    Reargrip Length: 19in
    Rod Length: 9ft 0in
    Rod Power: MH
    Rod Taper: MF
    Sections: 2pcs
    Weight: 7.4oz

Sorry i wasn't lucky enough to land a fish today. Got a late start & the winds were up. Just wanted to fine tune my set-up. For the 9ft Nesika a 3K or 4K spinner using 10lb to 15lb braid will do. I used 20lb fluorocarbon leader but 10lb or 15lb will suffice. A 6ft leader was much easier to manage vs a 8ft due to its length. I use longer leaders for longer lengths. A casting weight of 1oz felt perfect. Thanks to Jeff Robles Associates for supplying these beautiful rods to review. Jeff supplies most of the major Sporting Good stores across the West to Mid USA with outdoor sporting equipment from knives to fishing gear.

https://youtu.be/F5avYq4AmBA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nesika Spinning Rods.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	53311  
    Last edited by Scuba Chris; 07-17-2021 at 10:27 AM.