Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: More Bluefin 6-13

Default More Bluefin 6-13

Went out last Tuesday, just me and Jaime - nobody else wanted to go! Launched out of San Diego 5am, got 2 scoops of crappy sardines and headed NW about 20 miles, ended up about 15 miles off Carlsbad. We set out some trollers and started looking. I saw some good marks on the meter, told Jaime to throw out some bait. They came up and boiled! Wound the trollers in and got some baits out. I got ripped instantly on my #50 outfit. It felt pretty good size and was ripping off line. Once the mono topshot ran out, the knot to the braid rand through the guides and it snapped the mono right at the knot! I know it was a good knot because I caught a fish on it last week but I think the stress of going through the guides so quickly was too much. Anyway, first bait in the water was a strike and miss for me. We continue on did the same thing a couple more times until we were both able to get a #30 pound class fish. Also got a few offshore bat rays that were released. After that is was go big or go home. We focused on fishing the dead flying fish and California flyer lure with balloons and kites. We were able to get 2 nice blow-ups on the frozen flyers but neither stuck. Kept at it until about 7pm then headed back to SD. First time for me getting some interest using the kite / flyer combo. Hopefully I'll get a monster to stick soon!

Video coming soon!

It was The B trip
    Bluefin
    Blowups
    Batrays
    Blood
    Bad Burritos ,
    thanks Captain
    it’s going to be a fun summer

Oh I wish I could have joined you guys.
    Good to hear you got a couple of blow ups, it will happen soon Bro!!

See you when I get back.

Robert
    <><