Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Catch & Store Your Live Bait While Fishing!

Default Catch & Store Your Live Bait While Fishing!

How I Catch Live Bait On Site & Keep Them Alive!

I recently tried fishing using live bait with success. So i decided to purchase new gear from Walmart to replace my much older equipment & to show what i use & how to properly modify & employ it. This system is how i fish the shorelines in Hawaii. You might have to modify it for different fish species. Understanding what your targeted species feed upon is your key to success.

For a "bait sock" i use stretchable tubing. Big Vic's Bait Bags are made to order. And if some of your bait dies just use the netting as a bait bag & toss it out. Works better then a panty hose!

Luckily most aggressive local species love anything small & thrashing. The vibrations produced by the live bait will attract hungry predators. Sometimes the scent of dead bait may not be enough to entice a strike. Now if you're really gung-ho you can also chum your area. Both the vibrations & scent of food together is hard to ignore!

https://youtu.be/BpiMv2MtoDc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Catch & Store Live Bait.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	53308