Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Night Casting Okuma's Nesika 12' Surf Rod!

Default Night Casting Okuma's Nesika 12' Surf Rod!

Used The Blue Azores 6K Spinner on The Nesika!

From the earlier units to the final of the shelf product this rod has never disappointed me. Patterned after the original Rockaway, this surf rod designed for the Oregon Surf Perch anglers have caught fish from the first day using it.

The most extreme example was using the 12' model when a freak lightning storm moved in & it lit up everything while i was setting my line. I went momentarily blind & my right hand holding the reel went slightly numb while holding the reel. 5min latter one of the GT's across from me that was smashing mullets struck my bait & took off (pic is in the video). Even though it looked like someone was dangling of the rod tip this rod can take it.

This was my first time using them at night. These are excellent rods that can be used for casting live & dead baits from shore to spin casting flies, grubs to top water lures & spoons all day. Again this line was originally intended for Sea Perch casters of Oregon but has found homes in other areas targeting different species day & night.

https://youtu.be/4UIdAxT76VE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nesika at Night.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	53305