Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dog day's of summer are upon us!

It's absolutely a Legal bait!
    Cool! Glad it’s working for you. I’m guessing you don’t wanna share what your secret bait is? Fisherman and their secrets…

I’m new to all of this. Haven’t fished since I was a kid, and didn’t really catch anything then. I’m hitting Irvine for my first time this weekend and I’m fishing for catfish. Any tips for a newbie? I’m currently trying to decide between mackerel and dough bait. Also, do you know if the mackerel sold at the bait shop at the lake is “fresh” or frozen?

Quote Originally Posted by Itchin4Fishin View Post
    Cool! Glad it’s working for you. I’m guessing you don’t wanna share what your secret bait is? Fisherman and their secrets…

I’m new to all of this. Haven’t fished since I was a kid, and didn’t really catch anything then. I’m hitting Irvine for my first time this weekend and I’m fishing for catfish. Any tips for a newbie? I’m currently trying to decide between mackerel and dough bait. Also, do you know if the mackerel sold at the bait shop at the lake is “fresh” or frozen?
    Let me help you out. Stick with Mackerel, Shrimp or Sardines. (forget the dough bait) I'll be there all weekend, so look for a big ugly white guy wearing a blue cap "with a catfish on it." I'll be fishing either the boat docks or the next point to the right of the docks. Introduce yourself and I'll even show you the secret bait! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Let me help you out. Stick with Mackerel, Shrimp or Sardines. (forget the dough bait) I'll be there all weekend, so look for a big ugly white guy wearing a blue cap "with a catfish on it." I'll be fishing either the boat docks or the next point to the right of the docks. Introduce yourself and I'll even show you the secret bait! Lol
    I’ll keep an eye out for you. Not sure what I’ll be wearing yet. Lol thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    ****! The bathroom sink sprung a leak and I’m not going to be able to make it out this weekend. Next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Itchin4Fishin View Post
    ****! The bathroom sink sprung a leak and I’m not going to be able to make it out this weekend. Next time!
    That's OK, yesterday was all Bass! (even though they stocked it Friday morning) I caught a #5 pound Bass and an 3 1/3 pound Bass on the secret bait! Funny thing was a guy drop shoting caught an #13 pound Catfish next to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12