Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Small but fun

Default Small but fun

Hi y'all. I have not posted (was never a regular, more of a lurker lol) or fished in a few years but just got back into the grind. I sold most of my gear during covid, man I loved my rods, and am slowly building up my arsenal all over. I am also working through some of life's challenges and getting back in the water is the healing I needed.

Anyway, went out today (7/10) and fished right at low tide (6:00 am). Conditions started calm but the wind picked up at about 7:30 am and created enough of a stir to make me question whether or not I should continue fishing or pack up and leave. As fate would have it my parking was about to expire and I had a last minute close call nearly snagging a lure I did not want to lose. I called it a day, however not before I caught a short, short Hali and a spotted bay bass.
    Not the biggest haul but enough to help clear my mind and enjoy life during tough times. The highlight of my morning was watching a giant legal+++ Hali chase my lure as I worked to fast and out of reach for it to attack🤦*♂️. Thanks for reading y'all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210710_071934-749.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	53301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210710_064551-592.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	53302  

Quote Originally Posted by efrain View Post
    Hi y'all. I have not posted (was never a regular, more of a lurker lol) or fished in a few years but just got back into the grind. I sold most of my gear during covid, man I loved my rods, and am slowly building up my arsenal all over. I am also working through some of life's challenges and getting back in the water is the healing I needed.

Anyway, went out today (7/10) and fished right at low tide (6:00 am). Conditions started calm but the wind picked up at about 7:30 am and created enough of a stir to make me question whether or not I should continue fishing or pack up and leave. As fate would have it my parking was about to expire and I had a last minute close call nearly snagging a lure I did not want to lose. I called it a day, however not before I caught a short, short Hali and a spotted bay bass.
    Not the biggest haul but enough to help clear my mind and enjoy life during tough times. The highlight of my morning was watching a giant legal+++ Hali chase my lure as I worked to fast and out of reach for it to attack��*♂️. Thanks for reading y'all.
    Sorry that Legal Halibut didn't eat your lure!

All good, fun day

" Clear my mind and enjoy life "

You get it!!

Thanks for the report.
    Robert
    <><

Glad you got out, hopefully things get easier for you........