Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Barracuda day 6-26

Default Barracuda day 6-26

Went out with Arthur (Wingnut) and friends Binh, Quang, Alex and Thun last Saturday. We opted to fish local since the islands were slow. We started off sculpin fishing at the 150 spot. We must have caught between 70-100 sculpin. All but 2 were under the 10 minimum size limit! We gave up on that after a few hours and went to the barracuda grounds and set anchor. We started catching nice sized calico bass and barracuda right away. Lots of break-offs due to light line and sharp teeth but it was fun, good thing Arthur brought a lot of hooks! We ended up keeping 7 legal barracuda and 7 legal calico bass as well. Plenty were released and good times for all. I didn't get any pictures but maybe Arthur or someone will post some here. Thanks for coming guys, had a great time!

Brother Jeff, what a pleasure fishing with you again my friend. Been such a long time it took me awhile to get my sea legs back. I haven't done any kind of fishing in the last few years, going to try to find time to get back out into the surf and out with you again more often.
    That was a good tune up trip, let's get back out there and chase some Tuna. Beautiful boat! Binh, Alex, Quang, Thanh and myself had a blast. See you again soon... Thanks again for a great time!

Getting almost a gray as me Arthur...............
    WWO