Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Mustad Ringed Hooks Prt#1 - The Bonefish Slayer!

Default Mustad Ringed Hooks Prt#1 - The Bonefish Slayer!

For Years The Ringed Mustad Hooks Has Been My BEST Bonefish Hook!

When i started using underwater cameras i've discovered that Bonefish are picky. If they pick-up a baited hook that is stiff (that the line comes off the reef in a straight line with the bait) they do drop the whole rig. It spooks the Bones as the presentation isn't "normal". Years ago Jeff Robles introduced me to representatives of Mustad at a Show & they have kindly taken care of my baiting needs .

This has given me the opportunity to try different hook variations that resulted in the success i've been experiencing using Ringed Hooks. This allows a more natural presentation of dead baits. There's no restrictions when a fish picks up or nibbles a bait. The leader line stays down as the ring creates a swiveling affect that gives a more "natural" presentation for the fish.

Also when i use 4/0 or larger Ringed Hook for live baits the baits stay alive longer. I suspect they aren't fighting the "stiffness" of the heavier live baiting line used. That means i save on bait & my baits will last longer. I can only say just try it. I did.

https://youtu.be/TvwNxgD6WI4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bonefish .jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	53258  

The bait presentation of using a Ringed Hook for local species like Bonefish & Jacks is a big plus for shore casting shallow reefs & sand flats. Took years of trying different styles of hooks to arrive to this conclusion. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	O'io.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	53259