Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The New Del mar 6/22/21

Default The New Del mar 6/22/21

Hit up the New Del Mar yesterday, the morning trip provided sculpin limits for the 30 or so people abord. Sand dabs also came aboard as a bonus. Weather was overcast until about 11:30 am. We used 8 oz of weight to get down to the fish. I stuck around for the afternoon ride. Again sculpin were featured until the whitefish showed up and produced 3/4 limits for most anglers. Rock fish represented with salmon grouper, red snapper, and one nice red that I caught for a total of about 6 rockfish for the boat. The crowd was chill and I only received one tangle. We used frozen squid for bait and some used assorted plastics rigged with a 3 oz jig head and the heavy sinker. Rod weight ratings must be wrong because I saw people fishing with 12 oz of weight on a 4 oz rod. A good time was had by all, even the people with hang overs from the night before that just came to "feed the fish" and sleep.
    Last edited by Theos; 06-25-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Sounds like fun! Tasty sculpin! Thanks for the report.

Great report, Thanks for sharing, Weird thing is I have been on 3 rockfish trips this year, and the captain and deckhands said there wasn't any tangles on boat.
    Thanks for post!!

Thanks for the report. Lots of fish and a fun day for you. Love eating those sculpin. I look forward to your future posts.