Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fish were jumping at Lake Elsinore!

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I looked up the fisheries biologist. His name was Mike Giusti, and I too read his early, highly optimistic forecasts. (Where I live is in the same general region as Diamond Valley Lake, so it is not very far away.) Yes, it is not the super fishery that it's supposed to be although it's not bad. I am actually not that okay with Striped Bass slipping into the lake, but that seems impossible to avoid. They are extremely prolific and top predators that eat everything else, which could be one reason why the early plans for the lake never actualized.
    Mr Guisti was a FNN member for a while. He answered some great questions that were given to him from time to time. There is a video somewhere, I think of him talking about DVL, and how he dreaded stripers getting into the lake and it becoming "The Next Castaic."

I don't know if he retired, or if he moved to other projects, but DVL was supposed to be his baby and it kinda has not gone in the direction he thought it would

I just checked his profile. Mike Giusti is still listed as a member, but he has not been active since 2010. I think he thought that they could keep stripers out of Diamond Valley, and have more cold water species instead to inhabit its depths.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    I think he thought that they could keep stripers out of Diamond Valley...
    Im sure they proposed some ideas to MWD on how they could prevent stripers from coming in, but again, MWD wasn't going to spend any more money than they had to.

All we do every weekend is fish in big 5 Gallon Arrowhead bottles. We don't really fish 'lakes.' If these agencies had their way, all lakes would be like Lake Matthews.

Sorry Etuck and Lefty, I would have taken pic of big sign that said 40 to park but a drunk driver hit it, then I was busy at work, but honestly if they changed 100 bucks to park this place would still be packed.

But there are plenty of other places to fish that are free and that I personally like more than this place.

The kids tournament had nothing to do with skill. They put this net up on the whole beach, but it went out maybe 20 yards. Then they plant 2000 pounds of fish into the net. Then the kids would catch all the fish in the net like it was a small pond. The kids on the beach were packed like sardines. I am pretty sure there was holes in the net, because when I asked not one kid caught a fish. However the net had the opposite effect, it prevented kids from catching. But I only watched the first few hours, and saw no kids catch fish, and on tournament face book page no pics of fish.
    Last edited by sodapop; 06-24-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    The kids tournament had nothing to do with skill. They put this net up on the whole beach, but it went out maybe 20 yards. Then they plant 2000 pounds of fish into the net. Then the kids would catch all the fish in the net like it was a small pond. The kids on the beach were packed like sardines. I am pretty sure there was holes in the net, because when I asked not one kid caught a fish. However the net had the opposite effect, it prevented kids from catching. But I only watched the first few hours, and saw no kids catch fish, and on tournament face book page no pics of fish.
    Wow, that's a good story. No wonder we did so well! Lol

That is not a story, but what I saw, but the channel cat fish they planted had some good fight for planters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123