Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish were jumping at Lake Elsinore!

It's for sure on weekends, they have a big lighted sign, don't know about during the week

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    It's for sure on weekends, they have a big lighted sign, don't know about during the week
    We went on a Thursday, so that makes sense.

Hmm..... I went to their website, and it said that it costs $10 to park there. It didn't say anything about higher prices on weekends or in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Hmm..... I went to their website, and it said that it costs $10 to park there. It didn't say anything about higher prices on weekends or in the summer.
    Saturday when I am back home I will post pics of the sign

When I write up a fish report I try to make it interesting to read and give someone valuable information if someone else wanted to give it a try. The parking situation at Launch Pointe does need to be addressed if someone wanted to go there. When we went on a Thursday they charged us $10 to park and a $5 dollar fishing fee. A well informed FNN member say's they could charge you as much as $40 to park there. $40 is way excessive to me just to park anywhere, so I called down there and got the true story. Because Lake Elsinore has a Liberal no boat inspection policy. They do fill up their parking lot on Weekends and Holidays. So for that reason, they do charge the $40 at that time to park to discourage the day use people without a boat! (it's all just 1 parking lot) Normally M-F it is just $10 to park, as long as it's not a Holiday. I just don't want anyone to go down there on a Weekend or Holiday and get a sticker shock on the parking fee's!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-18-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Even $15 dollars seems on the expensive side to me. (But I am a true blue cheapskate. LOL) It reminds me of Diamond Valley Lake. You have to pay for parking, THEN pay to fish there, THEN pay to walk the shorelines if you fish from shore. FINALLY, they kick everybody out in the late afternoon just when the fishing gets good. If you fish there from a boat, of course, it's even more expensive.

I remember when they were planning Diamond Valley Lake, and it had so much promise. Because it was to be so deep, they were going to establish Kokanee Salmon and Lake Trout fisheries there, and perhaps a few other exotic species. They were going to have 2 big fishing piers, for those without a boat, plus a second, smaller fishing lake in case they weren't biting in the big one. They were going to have 2 marinas, also. Of course, none of that happened. We got a rather expensive, restrictive fishery for the usual species, instead.

I remember when they were planning Diamond Valley Lake, and it had so much promise. Because it was to be so deep, they were going to establish Kokanee Salmon and Lake Trout fisheries there, and perhaps a few other exotic species. They were going to have 2 big fishing piers, for those without a boat, plus a second, smaller fishing lake in case they weren't biting in the big one. They were going to have 2 marinas, also. Of course, none of that happened. We got a rather expensive, restrictive fishery for the usual species, instead.
    At least we got the Stripers!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    At least we got the Stripers!

Striper eggs and babies can apparently squeeze through just about any sieve, and survive going through turbines.

Striper eggs and babies can apparently squeeze through just about any sieve, and survive going through turbines.
    That's fine and dandy! However, the Biologist in charge apparently (his name was Guasti I think) never seemed to have mentioned that in his pre opening hype! Then when the poop hit the fan with the Stripers and their other unfinished promises he made. He then quietly slipped out of town, before the fishermen Tared and Feathered him for his snake oil talk about how great DVL was suppose to be. It's a nice lake, but not the super fishery it was hyped to be!

I looked up the fisheries biologist. His name was Mike Giusti, and I too read his early, highly optimistic forecasts. (Where I live is in the same general region as Diamond Valley Lake, so it is not very far away.) Yes, it is not the super fishery that it's supposed to be although it's not bad. I am actually not that okay with Striped Bass slipping into the lake, but that seems impossible to avoid. They are extremely prolific and top predators that eat everything else, which could be one reason why the early plans for the lake never actualized.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast