Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Looking to make Lytle Creek a more fishable place

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking to make Lytle Creek a more fishable place

Had a chance to participate in a Clean-Up over at Lytle Creek last month. Looking to get the creek stocked again. Lots of trash was picked up. I'm sure it may have gotten worst this past weekend. Heres the video! Hope you all enjoy. Always remember to subscribe to the channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xxQMH2we2Y&t=6s

Good job, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Good job, Mike!
    Thank you for watching.

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    Had a chance to participate in a Clean-Up over at Lytle Creek last month. Looking to get the creek stocked again.
    Mike,

Thanks for taking some time out to beautify that cool little place.

I thought that that area was found to have those native frogs, thus the cessation of the DFW stocking. When DFW proposed stocking sterile fish, it wasn't looked at as a viable option since the frogs would still be susceptible to predation.

I do miss going out and driving 30 minutes to get into some wily trout in moving water, but I also don't miss the poaching, littering, habitat destruction, etc. that occurs because of those stocks.

Lytle creek is very fishable with lots of good sized wilds on one of the forks. Have to turn off on a neighborhood and go back a way that isn’t so obvious.

i lost a camera back there once and another FNN member actually ended up finding it. Kinda fishy. All the pics had been deleted. Was weird.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-02-2021 at 05:21 AM.

One of the forks connects to Icehouse if you go up high enough
    I have spent quite a bit more time than necessary back there.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 06-02-2021 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    One of the forks connects to Iceman if you go up high enough
    I've been to the Iceman a few times in the past 2 years.....and I've hiked all the way up to the natural springs, and unless there are quite a few successions of natural springs above THAT, I don't see how fish here of any size can survive year after year. A few years ago, there was only about 1/4 mile of the stream that had actual water.

It's amazing to see the catches you and Skylark used to have up there. Apparently I'm at the wrong spot.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I've been to the Iceman a few times in the past 2 years.....and I've hiked all the way up to the natural springs, and unless there are quite a few successions of natural springs above THAT, I don't see how fish here of any size can survive year after year. A few years ago, there was only about 1/4 mile of the stream that had actual water.

It's amazing to see the catches you and Skylark used to have up there. Apparently I'm at the wrong spot.
    I havent caught anything out of that stream for 10 yrs. I dont think they stock it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Mike,

Thanks for taking some time out to beautify that cool little place.
    Yep,

Thanks for watching.