Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Crappie finally spawned at Lake Henshaw!

Default The Crappie finally spawned at Lake Henshaw!

It was a great 8 weeks of Good to Excellent Crappie fishing at Lake Henshaw. It's not over yet, but the Crappie more or less spawned. That probably means, you're not going to find a big group of Crappie at any 1 spot. What you need to do now is hit and run fishing. Hit a spot for half an hour catch a couple of Crappie and a Bass or 2 and move on! That was our plan last week and we got a nice mix of Crappie and Bass. We ended up with a high double digit boat count and that was pretty impressive because we didn't get to the lake and start fishing till 10 am! That's probably going to be it for us a Lake Henshaw for the year. But Boy did we have a great 2 months of Crappie and Bass fishing there!

As I said in my earlier thread, it's going to be a Crappie 2021. (I wasn't kidding!) Our little group have caught over 200 Crappie this year so far and guess what???? We found another lake to try next week to for Crappie. Wish us Luck!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-27-2021 at 12:16 PM.

"We ended up with a high double digit boat count and that was pretty impressive because we didn't get to the lake and start fishing till 10 am!"

But then... immediately states

"That's probably going to be it for us a Lake Henshaw for the year.."

When you make decisions like that. Fishing must be REALLY good.. These post are some nice reads though. I wont going fishing out here until late June probably. I know i'm going to GVL one day(just becuz) and SOMEWHERE else. But keep the post coming. Some people have to live vicariously through these fishing forums... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Dores34 View Post
    "We ended up with a high double digit boat count and that was pretty impressive because we didn't get to the lake and start fishing till 10 am!"

But then... immediately states

"That's probably going to be it for us a Lake Henshaw for the year.."

When you make decisions like that. Fishing must be REALLY good.. These post are some nice reads though. I wont going fishing out here until late June probably. I know i'm going to GVL one day(just becuz) and SOMEWHERE else. But keep the post coming. Some people have to live vicariously through these fishing forums... hahaha
    Keep this on the down low, but a buddy of mine went to a different lake and got a stupid amount of fish!

Well I go up north next week for a few days, so hopefully I'll catch stupid amounts too. Maybe I can sneak off on a Tues or Thurs later this month.

Well, Tucks, it was a good run while you were on that bite. Reminds me of a few other lakes where it presented a consistent spring bite for a good 3 mionths.

With the bass going into pre-spawn mode, it's feast or famine time for the next few.

And can't wait for summer when all the pleasure boaters come out and make launch ramps look like circuses with all the clown moves.

Congrats!
    What was the average size on those fish? Last time we killed the crappie was at Lake Isabella, non stop action. It’s too far of a drive though.

Quote Originally Posted by skunked again View Post
    Congrats!
    What was the average size on those fish? Last time we killed the crappie was at Lake Isabella, non stop action. It’s too far of a drive though.
    With very few exceptions they all weighed over 1 lb. Plus a fair amount were much bigger then that!