Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Barney Res. In Tillamook to passing General exam in Boise in under 24hrs 5/14-15/20

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Barney Res. In Tillamook to passing General exam in Boise in under 24hrs 5/14-15/21

Went 30 miles back to Barney Res, hidden in the Tilly State Fo.
    You know, the one I shoved my drone dow the spillway and looped the bridge at the bottom.

anyway,
    the spillway was dry af no water falling over the weir.
    found a new cut of the lake that was reachable by shore and fished it for about ten silver side cutties on the normal and willow blade panther Martin gold with yellow dots on black body. One of them to 14-15” or so. Him and one other were the only two real fighters. I’ll get some video up soon. One of them was a bleeder/floater for about ten minutes but still made it off.

doesn’t matter what I do, the fish get all jacked up. I might just go back to the fly. Didn’t used to happen that way. these fish are so hungry they would swallow the panther Martin. That’s how it is whe you get lakes all to yourself. I’ve been moving so much lately it’s hard to have each piece of gear I need right when I need it.

at any rate, I took a good nap in the nice chilly woods after booking a bunch of fish from about 1:30pm to 4pm. The fish never really stopped biting. I left them that way.

realized they were hosting a testing session for Ham licensing again in Idaho the next day. It was four Pm and I was 30 miles deep in the woods with a fresh nap off my chest. threw all the lot together and slapped the dog in the truck. Made some lunch and barreled down the hill as fast as the bumpy logging roads would allow my truck and trailer to go while only throwing half my Stuff overboard.

got down to Portland by 7:30pm. I was in baker by 12:30am. Rested for the night in weatherby. Woke up and jammed down to Boise by 10am and passed the General Ham exam while only missing one question after a quick breakfast at Sherris. Breakfast of champions! Now getting gas and heading back for the forest in Oregon. Lmfao.

couldn’t make all this up of you paid me. Videos when I get five minutes to catch my
    breath. Sorry for the typos and all. Phonetics
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-15-2021 at 11:41 AM. Reason: It’s all one giant interlocking conspiracy

As I type this I’m now passing Farewell Bend state Recreation Area in Oregon.
    Snake River. One day I’m gonna have to hit that place up when the wind isn’t 153mph.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-15-2021 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Subliminal messaging

Default wideo

Cutting Cutthroat throats at Barney Res
    This guy made it off after a ten minute belly-up float and coughing up half it's lung. Miraculously. He swallowed the panther martin whole.
    I went out and got a new fly reel after that. No more panther martins unless I aim to keep.
    This lake is all C&R. Sorry fishy.

I got 9 of his brothers and sisters with quite a bit less blood.

This is a RAW clip. Unedited. I make a few casts before I hook the fish, so be patient or press fast forward.

I'm digging the RAW stuff lately. No editing and directly as it happened

https://youtu.be/Mg1YWmmxqJ0
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-17-2021 at 09:09 AM.