Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Dec 1st place marker

Default Dec 1st place marker

This is a place marker for all the giant fish I’m going to catch Dec 1st. 2021
    Assuming this summers’ riot season doesn’t take the country out... if anyone wants to meet me in December on the 1st for the Steelhead opener in Tillamook, you have been notified half a year in advance.

Last time I caught six salmon, one steelhead and farmed a 15lber on video.
    took my RV, some synthesizers, some beer and some greenery and had a great time.

let me know. My fishing license for Oregon will still be good on those dates. I will definitely be taking advantage rain or shine.

the trip will consist of fishing two rivers in basically the same drainage. No fish guarantees. You’ll need waders and need to be light on your feet for creek fording, run and gun style. If you have all terrain tires, that’s a major bonus. You won’t need 4x4 but the sharp dirt road rocks bust tires open all the time if you don’t have ATs

for gear all you need is 10lb line, blue fox Vibrax #4’s and some 1/8oz jigs.

Expect wet cold weather. Double layers. It may be snowing etc. that doesn’t stop me.
    it’s usually about 35* average temps at dawn around that time of year. You will be fighting icicles on your line. (That’s why you need the beer!)

i can direct you to free camp sites. Bring a tent or set up a bed in your vehicle and we can hang out around a fire between fishing days. There is also plenty of places to safely discharge your firearms or ride off road vehicles.

the nearest towns are Tillamook and forest grove. You’ll be in the hills between the two cities in a forest covered coastal mountain range.

if you want to extend the trip, I’d suggest Cannon Beach or drive-on Sunset Beach and Wine tasting in Astoria. You probably won’t want to go home.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-09-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Copy that. Still a long way to go but thanks for the heads up. Appreciate all your posts.