Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Boise river five minute skunk 5/9/21

Default Boise river five minute skunk 5/9/21

Noticed a small pond people were fishin’ down by Walmart, near the River. Got curious.
    took the new Star Card over to Walmart and used it to obtain a fishing license. Took the dog and some spinners with a 4lb line rig over to the pond.

no fishes. Green dingy water. Probably bass in there I’m betting. Saw a little baitfish amongst the rip rap. Life existed..

walked over to Boise river. Seemed fishable in some areas but there was an algae growth on the shorelines. wasnt even sure if it was legal to fish. threw a spinner in anyway, for nada. Lol

got the Idaho rule book. I hate learning to fish In a new state. Oregon took me six years to start kicking ***. although somehow I don’t think I’ll be half as impressed with the Idaho fishing as I was with the Florida and Oregon fishing. I’ll give it a shot anyway.

skunky TJ over and out.
    sure is hella people on the ham radio out here, though.

I’m looking at a snake river run or. Sawtooth National forest run, here, shortly.
    we will see what happens. Stay tuned.

im not going to fish salmon and steelies in Idaho.
    any fish that went this far in land needs to be left the hells alone.

ill pester them on the coast where they come in but if they doing hundreds of miles they need to be left alone. JMO
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-09-2021 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Added some non hydrogenated soybean oil