Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner 5/2

Default Skinner 5/2

Quick report. Windy on the water today. Lots of bassers out there and when we did cruise the bite was pretty good for the green backs.
    We checked out buoy line for the stripers with no love. Headed to the inlet after lunch, water was flowing and couple boats started catching some nice cats. We setup the anchor and tried our luck. Got one bite.. but unfortunately, my setup was angled awkwardly in the rod holder... zingggg drag.. then bloop.. all I cld do was watch her go down. If there was less wind and less current, I'd consider jumping in.
    If any one catches a fish with my rod and reel.. holler LOL. It happens... sucks but I'm sure everyone has some ****** fishing story.

All in all we got skunked, but it was a nice cooler day out there.

Thanks for the report. Lost rod, crap. I even hate to lose jigs, maybe someone will find and turn it in (maybe).

Damn, that sucks. Rod over board and a lost fish at once.

Sorry to hear about the lost rig. Were headed out this Saturday 5/18, Ill be bringing my 2 grandsons so we'll be the noisy bunch at the east end reed area going bassin.

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the lost rig. Were headed out this Saturday 5/18, Ill be bringing my 2 grandsons so we'll be the noisy bunch at the east end reed area going bassin.
    Good luck out there!

I haven't fished Skinner in decades. How's the bite bass been?

Ha, ha ,ha, I have a radio and a rod and reel on the bottom of Silverwood. The radio was on when it went in hoped the fish liked the channel it was on.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    ha, ha ,ha, i have a radio and a rod and reel on the bottom of silverwood. The radio was on when it went in hoped the fish liked the channel it was on.:dancing banana:

too funny!!!!!!

Cm

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Good luck out there!

I haven't fished Skinner in decades. How's the bite bass been?
    DS- Thx. Son and I just went one time in April and it is was good, We got em

in coves along the reed line drop shottin 5-8 ft, Been going with a co-worker down

in SD county and lower Otay resovoir is good too.