Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boise drone footy from the hills

Default Boise drone footy from the hills

Haven't flown my drones in a while. Just got some new cheap goggles and took my old batteries out for a spin in the cruiser.
    Forgot to set high power on transmitter. Didn’t go far.

With the new HAM license, I can use higher power. I need to go get FAA registrations and licenses now.

Anyway..

Here is what Boise looks like from the hills just to the north. Followed some recreationalists around a bit. Got a "waver".

Set it to 1080 otherwise probably not worth it.

https://youtu.be/wUbSs_aDFJg
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-21-2021 at 01:29 PM.

You get any angling done in Boise?

Not yet..

I actually just got my Idaho star card (drivers license with allowance for government buildings and airplanes after October 1st) and registrations and license plates. not bad having only been here three weeks. You need proof of residence to get that card and I managed without waiting a month for paper bills in the mail. ;)

I got the trailer in the driveway now getting some upgrades. The. Heading back to fish steelhead on Oregon for a week starting Monday May 3rd with the trailer.

when you know where there is donkeys biting, you drop everything in your waking life and go fish the donkeys. Donkeys are few per lifetime. MUch more rare than a day of work. Lol Priorities.

if you want some introductions to the Tillamook side, Monday the 3rd or Tuesday the 4th would be a good start.
    plan to go hit wilson again for a skunk and then go to Ling Lings to score some of those special little jigs they carry that you can’t find anywhere else. They have little rubber legs on them like a bass jig but are sized for the steelhead.

still not sure how or why 10-20lb hook jawed fish eat a tiny dot of a bait... but ok! They make it happen.

taking the drones for filming. Also got a new high power mobile (car) ham radio that I want to try out in the woods out of cell reception, while I’m back there fishin’. Waiting on amazon for the antenna(e).
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-26-2021 at 05:26 AM.

I’ll have to figure out Idaho when I’m bored of the sea run sorbet donkeys or out of gas money to drive back and fourth from Boise to Tillamook.

..pr once Portland finally descends into complete and total chaos. It’s been pretty close, lately. Four to five people shot a day, people jumping in front of your car trying to extort you for money saying you ran them over.. etc etc.

i did just go through the Portland riots and mini civil war they had with the proud boys. Rather interesting, to say the least. Lol.
    hence why I now live in Idaho.

no pan handling ‘round here and every resident above 18 can conceal without a permit.
    Much safer. Haven’t even seen a homeless person here yet. By contrast, Portland is ALL homeless people everywhere. I’ve been one of them. Not fun.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-26-2021 at 05:31 AM.

Oregon is like California, now. Unfortunately.
    AWESOME place to visit. But you don’t want to live there.

used to be real nice. Until this “pandemic”. Now it’s gone.

Not to mention Kate Brown is like trying to screw every small business and employee in the state. All the residents driving around with “F@(& Kate Brown” stickers. Probably the same in Cali.. for Your Gov

what ever small business that corona virus left behind, Kate Brown is coming for it. In such a small state, you’re talking about a pending disaster. Place is going to go off the hinges soon. Ticking time bomb. Economy going down the tubes. Turning to crime.

almost as if it was DESIGNED to happen this way. Not sure how things could cascade so badly otherwise.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-26-2021 at 05:48 AM.

200 police officers left the Portland force last year.
    the DA is not prosecuting rioters and major offenses. They’re releasing everyone.
    just like all the homeless running around on the street panhandling.

it would all stop if Portland would take on some law and order. It’s not the police. Is the people in power and the voters who put them there. They want their city to crash I guess.

they want homeless everywhere pooping and peeing on the street for you to see as you drive by.

Idaho does not.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-26-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Drive through downtown Portland. Bring your vest.

all graffiti. No police anywhere. Looks like mexico now. Everything boarded up. Still weekly rioting and fires.

almost as bad as DC, when I want to see that, last summer. There is a reason they call DC the swamp. You can FEEL it when you drive into town! Lol
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-26-2021 at 05:55 AM.

The local government is housing the rioters in downtown Portland in makeshift tiny houses in a gated area by the freeway. The rioters from the videos are all staying right there. People get It on film. I’ve seen the camp of tiny houses with my own two eyes.

they love it! There is a reason Portland and Seattle and SF are dying. The people who run them.

The second you leave these places, everything is “Normal” again. Boise is the most normal thing I have seen in a couple years.

sunshine, friendly people, police officers pulling people over. Back to normal life!
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-26-2021 at 06:02 AM.

Ok it’s official I’ve penciled in Wilson River for 3rd through until I get tired of fishing. Probably the 5th or so.

fishing during the daylight hours. Camping and drinking off dirt tributary roads at night.

if anyone is down to go, let me know. Otherwise, on Monday the 3rd, start looking for my 2020 white F250 with florida plates attached to a blue 5x8’ trailer with Idaho plates on the side of the Wilson River. Somewhere between the peak at browns camp on highway 6 down to Tillamook.
    ill be sure to park on the side of the highway so my truck is visible.

leaving Sunday night so probably waking up in very close proximity to the river or Ling Lings’.

rain or shine. Bring waders.

if you have a Ham radio, call CQ KJ7WZT a bunch of times over a Tillamook repeater. I’ll hear you.
    there is no cell reception. Just the way I like it!

while I’m not on the canyons I might get some reception. Text 971-245-9589 if you go and can’t find me. You’ll probably have to wait for night time for an answer. No cell reception when I’m fishing down there
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 04-26-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast