Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RVing spots

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    Lol the reason why I had to run it through you is the price! You said they were 3 bucks but the website said they were 13! Might as well get some Lucky craft minnows.
    Here is novel concept that many of us have lost site of in recent years. Go on a treasure hunt in person to several Walmarts and buy them in person for $3.99! Lol I've done that several times in recent weeks and it works every time! It does help I have 3 Walmarts on Imperial Hwy in a 7 mile stretch!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Here is novel concept that many of us have lost site of in recent years. Go on a treasure hunt in person to several Walmarts and buy them in person for $3.99! Lol I've done that several times in recent weeks and it works every time! It does help I have 3 Walmarts on Imperial Hwy in a 7 mile stretch!
    Haha maybe that’s the problem, everything I buy from Walmart is online!

Check out Four Jeffery's up by Lake Sabrina just outside of Bishop. There are other campgrounds up there to. No hook ups but they should have spots open. Good luck.

Check up around the Kern River too

What colors? I plan on trolling 4 rods. And I assume for crappie you use the smallest size right?

What colors? I plan on trolling 4 rods. And I assume for crappie you use the smallest size right?
    4 rods??????? Good Luck with that! Lol For Crappies I like Black or Blue colored Minnows, but you could use Green too. Smaller the better when it comes to lure size of the Minnow type lures.

4 rods??????? Good Luck with that! Lol For Crappies I like Black or Blue colored Minnows, but you could use Green too. Smaller the better when it comes to lure size of the Minnow type lures.
    I'm fishing with another family in 1 boat! gotta use at least 4 rods (I guess I have to use planner boards. I did get a good deal on a couple though). Anyways, what do you mean by minnow lures? Are those the ones you troll with or cast with? As for the flicka shad/other crankbait, what colors do I buy? The flicka shads I see are about 1 and a half inches (the website says 4 cm) Are those the size assuming the "smaller the better" rule?

Thanks.
    Last edited by FISHISH; 05-05-2021 at 09:04 PM.

I'm fishing with another family in 1 boat! gotta use at least 4 rods (I guess I have to use planner boards. I did get a good deal on a couple though). Anyways, what do you mean by minnow lures? Are those the ones you troll with or cast with? As for the flicka shad/other crankbait, what colors do I buy? The flicka shads I see are about 1 and a half inches (the website says 4 cm) Are those the size assuming the "smaller the better" rule?

Thanks.
    A Minnow lure is a simple definition. It's any hard body lure in the shape of a Minnow! (use a Rapala lure as a guide) Smaller is always better for Crappies in the way of a hard body lure. As for colors, Black, Blue and Green in that order. Fishing 4 people, you might want to ditch the trolling all together and go with the Mini Jigs deal.

A Minnow lure is a simple definition. It's any hard body lure in the shape of a Minnow! (use a Rapala lure as a guide) Smaller is always better for Crappies in the way of a hard body lure. As for colors, Black, Blue and Green in that order. Fishing 4 people, you might want to ditch the trolling all together and go with the Mini Jigs deal.
    Ok, let me know if I get this right. The trolling lures I should use are the smallest ones, and I should use the
    Countdown (sinking) Rapala:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 7.53.34 PM.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	53186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 8.50.15 PM.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	53188
    Flicker Shad:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 8.31.15 PM.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	53187
    As for colors, both of these lures have a shad color (black top and white) and a Firetiger color (green/lime with black stripes color) but the Flicker shad also has a blue color.
    Last edited by FISHISH; 05-13-2021 at 08:19 PM.

any other lures you recommend for trolling crappie?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast