Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RVing spots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RVing spots

Hi,
    My Family is planning yet another RV trip in June. We are looking for spots anywhere really, but I was hoping we could go to the sierras although I swear, every single rv park in the sierras was pretty much booked out already. Found a couple of nice spots at Cachuma but wanna explore other possible lakes before reserving spots. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    Hi,
    My Family is planning yet another RV trip in June. We are looking for spots anywhere really, but I was hoping we could go to the sierras although I swear, every single rv park in the sierras was pretty much booked out already. Found a couple of nice spots at Cachuma but wanna explore other possible lakes before reserving spots. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I love Cachuma lake! However, your fishing opportunity's this time of the year will be on Bass and Crappie. You probably need a boat to catch those and their not cheap at that lake. (they start at $95 dollars) It would be a great lake during trout season and you can catch them pretty good from shore that time of the year! (next year) Seriously Lake Isabella might be your best choice, even if you just have to pull it up to the shore and deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I love Cachuma lake! However, your fishing opportunity's this time of the year will be on Bass and Crappie. You probably need a boat to catch those and their not cheap at that lake. (they start at $95 dollars) It would be a great lake during trout season and you can catch them pretty good from shore that time of the year! (next year) Seriously Lake Isabella might be your best choice, even if you just have to pull it up to the shore and deal with it!
    Thanks to your recommendation, now our choices are Isabella and Cachuma. I am worried about is whether the crappie bite will still be good in June. (June 13 to June 18 to be exact) Also, I am confused by what you mean by "However, not now but maybe next year" the first time I asked about an RV spot in my Lopez lake report.
    Last edited by FISHISH; 04-23-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks to your recommendation, now our choices are Isabella and Cachuma. I am worried about is whether the crappie bite will still be good in June. (June 13 to June 18 to be exact) Also, I am confused by what you mean by "However, not now but maybe next year" the first time I asked about an RV spot in my Lopez lake report.
    Last year the Crappie at Cachuma bit all through the summer. I wouldn't worry about them not biting if you have a boat! Lake Isabella is a lot of things all wrapped into one lake. So fishing it makes a lot of sense. However, it might not be your perfect RV hook up deal you're looking for! So temper your expectations and see what you can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Last year the Crappie at Cachuma bit all through the summer. I wouldn't worry about them not biting if you have a boat! Lake Isabella is a lot of things all wrapped into one lake. So fishing it makes a lot of sense. However, it might not be your perfect RV hook up deal you're looking for! So temper your expectations and see what you can come up with.
    So it’s confirmed we are going to Cachuma. We will be renting a boat 2 out for the 4 days we’re there. Is the crappie bite good all summer or only in spring? Will the crappie still be schooling? And where do I fish it?
    Last edited by FISHISH; 04-24-2021 at 01:22 PM.

So it’s confirmed we are going to Cachuma. We will be renting a boat 2 out for the 4 days we’re there. Is the crappie bite good all summer or only in spring? Will the crappie still be schooling? And where do I fish it?
    Last year they bit all summer. 2 ways to catch those things, troll for them around Jack Rabbit island. Or fish Mini Jigs in the shallow brush. The people at the lake tackle store are pretty well informed about what's biting and where. Their not like the Internet and are afraid to tell you where the fish are biting. I do have the hot Mini jig rig, but it can only be purchased in Brea CA!

There's alot of "walk in" ( fully accessible simply non reserveable) sites in the sierras. all along the lower Owens each campground has a few. might be worth a shot.

if I wasn't retarded I could figure out how upload the pic of the list a ranger gave me of these from pleasant valley to Diaz lake and all the spots in between. I'm sure the all knowing Google has this.

Take that sucker boondocking up some crazy Oregonian coastal rivers away from RV parks.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Take that sucker boondocking up some crazy Oregonian coastal rivers away from RV parks.
    Yeah, maybe later. Without the family and kids. Also bringing along a friend’s family who will be camping for the first time ever (if you can call RVing camping) . Wouldn’t want them to have a bad experience and never head out again do you? Gonna take em fishing and maybe they will love the outdoors! Other than that, boondocking/backcountry camping in the Oregonian or Alaska coast is a dream of mine!
    Last edited by FISHISH; 04-23-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Check up around the Kern River too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast