I just got back from my camping trip. there was very spotty cellular data and I was able to get off a quick report on my phone. And as Etucker over there has got a couple of crappie reports himself over there, I might put one of my own out there. Day 1: The water is waaaaaaaaay down so many spots were underwater. I settled on the backwards F dock, It not called that, but if you see it you'll know what I mean. Anyways, I was fishing a carolina rig with a worm and a marshmallow (I found out both trout and crappie will eat this) and casted from the deeper side of the dock towards the middle of the lake. All day, I got 2 hits and landed 1 trout. (lost a crappie right before lifting it on the deck). Day 2: rented a boat today and met a nice fellow who told me where to go. ( The coves to the north of the dam on the left side) but due to the horrible wind out there and a very hard to maneuver rental boat, we could not anchor properly and probably scared all the fish before we even fished a spot and didn’t catch amything. (we were using chartreuse curly tail grubs) Day 3: My camping neighbor (the same guy who told me the spots), was nice enough to take me out on his bass boat. Fished the same spots with the same bites and caught 5 crappies all day (and a trout).
P.S. Looking to go camping again in June, does anyone know any good RVing spots? (Sierras, San Diego, anywhere really. We do plan on staying a while so we need full hookups )