Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How Useful is Having a Spare Spool?

Default How Useful is Having a Spare Spool?

What Are The Advantages of Owning a Spare Spool?

Having lighter line to heavier. Using monofilament to braid. How about having more yardage? What if your line gets cut off at the halfway mark? There are distinct advantages of bringing a back-up spool with you. Cheaper than purchasing another reel to having more space (unless you like packing another reel on your outing or your vacation).

This is actually a part#1. On the 2nd installment i'll show how to tie a GT Knot. According to IFGA in 2018 the only knot that is dependable up to 100% of it's rating is a GT knot (proven on electronic line tension machines using 50lb braid to 80lb monofilament). Also brand strengths differ & depends on who is tying the knot. I've been using a FG Knot for awhile but for those that use the GT i can see the draw. Easy to tie. Knot size isn't large enough to restrict movement through the guides.

I haven't tied this knot in years but i still remember how. So my next project will show how i tie the GT knot. If i can do it, anyone can.

https://youtu.be/dUusb8kkgvs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	53156