Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the most challenging catch you had?

Quote Originally Posted by Kay_B View Post
    Where is the photo of your catch? So that everyone around you would be a little jealous. I have never come across a large fish. All that I caught was small or closer to medium. It would be cool to catch a salmon weighing 7-8 kilograms.
    You bring up an interesting point about posting fish pictures on a fishing website. (everyone knows I don't post pictures) Their is a couple of reasons why I don't post pictures besides the obvious, they can be a lot of work to do it!

1. I'm an ugly dude! I'm in my 60's and yes people still judge you by your looks! I know that for a fact on here!

2. By posting pictures, I think you lose your audience of your written story. (which I do like to tell a story in my fish reports)

3. I can't stand the fact on most fishing websites, a picture is all you get most of the time! Half of them won't even post the lake they went too!

4. This is the most important one! It keeps the Haters and the Trolls off of your fishing reports.

So here is the choice you get, show a picture and say nothing! Or saying anything you want, but don't post any pictures. If you do both, you will be
    accused by some of burning a lake! People just can't take seeing and hearing it all! I wrote one of my favorite threads about that topic! (I'm still sticking
    with that thought!)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-05-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Kay B, as I mentioned, my most memorable catches have been mostly unusual, not very large. On the large Crappie that I caught on a fly, our camera was not working during that trip so there were zero photos of that vacation. I don't think we bothered to take photos of the bass on the fly. It was just ordinary size for people using bass lures. It was just unusual for the tiny fly that I caught it on. (As mentioned, it almost happened again last year, so it might not have been a fluke.) The salamanders were amusing but I quickly put them back.

I do have lots of fishing photos from the past several years that I have not posted here yet. Perhaps I ought to but I have a lot of other tasks and things on my mind. However, I have learned to be careful about posting photos for various reasons. Some of them can bring out the haters, as Eric mentioned.

Hardest sought after fish for me was probably a 10lb Southern California bass.
    Ive caught thousands of fish. Sometimes 30 per day, no joke. And you’ve all seen me. They’re always where they should be. Except momma bass. She’s a smart mofo.
    8lbs I be at. Never higher.. and respect to those who have.

I’ve caught 10lb steelhead. Huuuuuge teeth. They draw blood and cut line.
    10lb redfish in Florida
    7lb catfish from Isabella on shrimp
    3lb stocker trout
    i lost a 10lb snook several times. They have rough teeth also. Saw line apart.
    I banked a 20lb striper at Diamon Valley and I have a witness. The fish broke my line and took my “Perris trout” custom swimbait with him back to the deep.
    I found a 16” brown trout in a Southern California stream in your back yard that you didn’t know existed, as well.

I lost a fish at Perris once under the Marina, who wrapped me on a dock post. that fish might have been a lake record. It might have also been a carp. We will never know. Lost part of my soul with that fish.

it’s also hard to catch sharks because they saw everything in half.
    bay spotties can be difficult sometimes because of their teeth.

i caught a 1lb bullfrog being a douche at Fairmount with a little spider jig. Lesson learned..

caught a baby rattlesnake at silverwood. That animal is now inside my best fishing rod handle.

i released a foot long water mocassin in a Florida estuary along with a 6-1/2’ alligator.

i got my two back to back lunker punker striper out of DVL on a windy day, also. Those ones felt REALLY GOOD.

i got a 4lb striper on Bob’s boat on Tourney day at DVL. Flylined my anchove into 200’ of water like a boss.

i caught a 8lb momma bass on a deep diving crankbait that I moved the line tie position on the bill and filed the bill down to make it a shallow crank at Angler’s Lake right in front of Matt Duarte and SoCalRippen (Brian) in Hemmet before they plowed the whole lake with tractors. Only to reopen it years later for trout fishing.

another 6-8lb from the same lake on a flyline Yamamoto flapping hawg with Ewg worm hook

got 4lbs flylining a plastic frog at Fullmore
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-09-2021 at 02:23 PM.

I watched skyler hook a 20” holdover trout out of silverwood on a lunker punker I just gave him also. Lmfao
    lucky bastard. Wtf lol
    only punker fish I ever seen out of silverwood. And I have been up there, trying. All hours of the night. With all kinds of striper plugs longer than your moms fingernails from the 80’s. To the tune of spotting kangaroo rats, who resemble Pokemon, crossing my moon lit paths. Listening to the coyotes watching behind me as I cast cast cast allllll night long.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-09-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Dating a pyscho ex was a pretty challenging catch too. Good thing that human sculpin was released.

they’re all that way. Never met one who was understanding and caring or supportive of anything I ever did. Lol
    part of their programming.

not to be a hater but a lot of women folk are very self centered And selfish.

they definitely aren’t the type to post on a fishing forum “hey everybody come meet me down at my spot and share my giant fishes with me”

before all the women hate me for saying all that, know that I firmly believe that behind every good man is a good woman. Or in front, if Shes even better. That’s obviously why I’m completely nuts... the woman in my life.
    definitely makes a fool out of me everywhere I go.

i wouldn’t have woke up in a 5x8 trailer in the forest this morning otherwise. I have kidney disease. Women think this is funny or a joke.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-12-2021 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Additions as per usual

Quote Originally Posted by Althea Hamby View Post
    Not that I had one. I mean the hardest I had was easy for most, a California halibut. But I know there are people here who have experienced a rare catch. I wanna hear stories about it.
    Not a rare catch at DV, It was the Blue Cat I caught in Rawson Cove @DV, I did not even have a proper rod for a heavy cat (Cannon 8ft Downrigger Med-Light action), the beast broke the rod at the neck of the handle and I did not even have a large net to land it so that bent and broke at the handle as well. We brought it to the Marina store and it weight in just under 32lbs released at the launch ramp. That was I think OCT 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by GdHkSet1 View Post
    Not a rare catch at DV, It was the Blue Cat I caught in Rawson Cove @DV, I did not even have a proper rod for a heavy cat (Cannon 8ft Downrigger Med-Light action), the beast broke the rod at the neck of the handle and I did not even have a large net to land it so that bent and broke at the handle as well. We brought it to the Marina store and it weight in just under 32lbs released at the launch ramp. That was I think OCT 2010.
    The story is interesting, but it falls into the category of fishing fables that many fishermen tend to tell, exaggerating facts in order to impress other fishermen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12