Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Took out the kayak on 3/25 and watched/filmed a fellow boater catch a 9lb 7oz Bass

Default Took out the kayak on 3/25 and watched/filmed a fellow boater catch a 9lb 7oz Bass

I took out the kayak and did manage to catch 2 Bass and lost another. All of them were in the 6-8ft depth and looked to be males as they were kind of lean. No monsters as they were 2.28lb and 2.34lbr's and the one that thru the hook was similar sized. It was kind of cold and gloomy and the wind started blowing me around pretty good....The theme song for Gilligan's Island loops in my head when the wind goes crazy. I guess it's a safety thing keeping me alert.

I recently bought a GoPro and I'm still currently experimenting with angles and recording resolutions. On this day I was trying out 1080p 120fps, but wish I was recording in a higher resolution in wide angle.

I was heading in a fellow boaters general direction while recording and managed to capture some of his 9lb 7oz Bass catch. Sadly the camera wasn't pointed in his direction as the Bass made 2 monster jumps! Not the greatest video as he was quite a ways off from me, but I did get his contact info and sent him the footage. As he said some video is better then none at all.

I uploaded the footage to my YouTube channel....I guess it's more of a easy way to share then a channel in the end.

I still have to go thru my footage as I did manage to record my catches and might have gotten a jump or two.
    Last edited by kenmitch; 03-26-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks for the report, enjoyed the video.