Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: What's your favorite thing to do in spring or summer?

Default What's your favorite thing to do in spring or summer?

Besides fishing, what are the activities you do or miss to do during spring or summer?

"I enjoy...skinny-skiing...going to bullfights on acid."

Not really a 'social' person that likes to be in herds much anymore (stadiums, restaurants, bars, theaters, etc) so I don't miss doing anything, as my spring and summer have been unchanged. I got more traveling and fishing done in 2020 than in previous years combined. I am an avid sports fans, but even going to a stadium nowadays just becomes a spectacle that I no longer appreciate. Expensive parking, expensive tickets, expensive food and drink, just to be seated behind some guy who may very well likely be the missing link in our evolutionary cycle.

So yeah, during the Spring and Summer? Fish, fish some more. Yell at the Dodgers from the comfort of my own couch. Maybe change it up and fish.

Aside from fishing, my favorite thing to do in my leisure time is planning where to go fishing. ;) There has been a lot of that in the past year, because my wife has been afraid to go anywhere except locally, so unlike Dark Shadow, I have not gone anywhere overnight, and only limited local trips (mostly to Perris Lake). I must have at least 10 years worth of vacations planned out by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    ...because my wife has been afraid to go anywhere except locally, so unlike Dark Shadow, I have not gone anywhere overnight, and only limited local trips (mostly to Perris Lake). I must have at least 10 years worth of vacations planned out by now.
    The past year was like a whirlwind. From November '19 till February '20, I was traveling for work without any care in the world, as was the girl I was dating at the time. We had been exposed to a lot of airports across the US and abroad. In January, she had taken a trip to Bali and flew back in from Hong Kong, which at the time, was a 'hot spot' internationally. At this point, the U.S. was going about it's business, not understanding what was going on. She gets back from Bali and she mentions,

"EVERYONE was wearing a mask at HKG."

She had been wearing one too, thanks to the advice of a lot of people around her before she had left LA.

Around this time, I'm flying out to New York and Seattle, both unbeknownst hot spots in the U.S. And we both tested negative for anti bodies weeks and months later. Even after a month long road trip across the US in June.

But yeah, it seems if you could handle roughing it, you could get away with doing a lot of travel and vacationing (by car and foot of course) the past 12 months without catching the 'Vid.

But of course, if your idea of 'traveling' required being in areas with crowds, Walmarts and Hometown Buffets, then perhaps the past 12 months weren't so fun.

I'm ecstatic everything is opening up again, because the wilderness has been getting trashed for the past year, and it definitely needs some pressure taken off, and people going back to B Dubs watching the Doyers and going back into malls to buy stuff is just what the doctor ordered.

Summer Watermelon. MmmmmMMM!
    Dog and I sit and knock them back! Half each 'till they gone!

PS
    DS doesn't fish

Hey! Thanks for all your responses. I can say that for myself, too. Not a people person, but I love the outdoors. Going to the beach, traveling, picnics, road trips. I just love seeing places. Too bad, there's a lot of restrictions right now, but still, I try to enjoy life as much as I can. It's great to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuckyAngler View Post
    You are welcome. Yeah I love the outdoors and traveling too. Although I don't have 10 years worth of vacation time planned out like Natural Lefty, I still make time to travel and go places. Last time I traveled overseas though was like 15 years ago, to Armenia for a couple of weeks, and then Amsterdam for a few days. Hoping to visit South America soon. Of course, every day we get to open our eyes and stretch is a great day to be alive. I miss playing soccer, especially outdoors, on real grass. Artificial turf just isn't the same.
    Wow! Where's the farthest you've been?

I was reading this article about spring destinations in the east coast. https://www.oyster.com/articles/8-of...he-east-coast/ What do you think?