Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How To Cast Farther While Plugging!

Default How To Cast Farther While Plugging!

There Are Ways You Can Use to Cast Your Plug Farther! Even Works Using Light-weight Plugs on Light Braid!

Choosing the right gear is very important. Length of rod, the rod's power rating, monofilament vs braid & so on. I found using casting gloves/finger guards to be cumbersome when using braid. So i prefer not to use them. I do like using a 1pc rod over a 2pc. But recent 70/30 split configurations has solved that for me.

Everyone has their own preference. No right or wrong answers. What i have found is no matter your plugging set-up there are accessories you can use to "enhance" your current casting abilities. I found 2 products that works well for me. Breakaway Cannons for braid but the Canon has to be offset. The other are wax composites that are applied to the inner guide inserts (enhances both braid & mono line usage).

I'll show how i apply both choices to my plugging rig. This can be used for shore casting baited rigs as well.

https://youtu.be/eTyWRrcaZ40
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	53129  

As usual, great vid. Does waxing make a big difference in casting distance?

Very much so Althea. I talked about that with a friend who writes for a fishing magazine & he said he does it all the time. He steals his wife's Pledge & applies it on the guides in the field. My way the coating lasts longer but his way is faster.