Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Okuma 11ft Heavy Cedros Rod & Azores 65 Spinner!

Default Okuma 11ft Heavy Cedros Rod & Azores 65 Spinner!

My Okuma Baitcast Rig-Cedros Surf Rod & Azores 65 Spinner!

My new baitcasting rig will consist of the 11'Cedros Surf CS-S-1102HA spinning rod & Azores Z-65S spinning reel. The rod is light & strong with solid high Heavy ratings. The reel has awesome max drag at 44lbs! I spooled 350yd of 50lb braid so that's 3-1/2 football fields of room to play with. I misspoke on the internal gearing being SS, it is dissimilar metals to the aluminum frame but with MSS "Mechanical Stabilizing System" it will break the bonds that causes electrolysis. The bail wire is extremely thick on the Azores as well. I'd give this rig a Medium/Heavy rating.

I plan on using sand spikes on sandy reefy areas. On rock formations i'd switch over to rock spikes. My targeted species will be Bonefish & Jack Trevally, both powerful shoreline fighters. This rig was put together for shoreline baitcasting for mostly sandy beaches with fringing outer reefs. Will work for rocky shorelines such as harbors or jetties as well. Also piers if you know how to set your rod holders properly. I strongly suggest using safety cords as our rigs are costly & important to us anglers.

https://youtu.be/GVT-1h9vhhU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Okuma 11ft.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	53121