Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden.

I did not say that people are wealthy because they are conservative, Capoisok. Put on your thinking cap, please, and stop misinterpreting people. You have done this to me on a regular basis. I find many of your responses to be red flags in terms of being purposely contrarian.

What I said is that the conditions for increasing wealth disparity have been created in this society by an alignment of business interests and government, and that this process has been happening for a long time. People who are in a position to get rich by being big business owners will do so regardless of their political orientation. However, and again political donation statistics and political affiliation records bear this out, most of the ultra wealthy are Republicans, because that is the party which explicitly supports policies which result in the rich getting richer.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 07-05-2021 at 10:57 AM.

The driving force behind this growing inequality is an unholy alliance between conservative politics and corporate wealth, with a good deal of racism, the myth of "American exceptionalism" and the theology of prosperity mixed in.[/QUOTE]

i didn't misinterpret your quote

i just don't agree
    it,s not a American thing or a new social standard

but the long excepted direction of GLOBAL society, industry and capital production

going all the way back to pre-neolithic social development

we as a nation have never been the vanguard of racial equality ,religious tolerance or had a economic system to advance prosperity to the mass's

You said that wealth has little to do with political alignment, which clearly implies that you thought that is what I meant. That is not what I meant, however. People of any political persuasion can take advantage of the system we have that encourages ever increasing wealth disparities. This system has been driven in recent decades by the forces that I mentioned. You may disagree with that, but the fact is, I agree that wealth itself has little to do with political alignment, although the billionaire class are mostly drawn to the Republican Party due to its explicit emphasis on furthering the conditions leading to massive wealth for a few individuals as opposed to a fairer economic environment.

You are correct that capitalism and greed go way back in history. However, the United States has added elements which are resulting in one of the world's highest levels of income inequality (again, easily verified online).

You then linked wealth to intelligence. There is a correlation between income and intelligence, but very little between accumulated wealth and intelligence. That is because over time, this has become a class society, in which most wealth is inherited, and apparently smart people who have risen up the economic ladder often have not so smart kids. It has a lot more to do with who your parents are, than with intelligence. Another caveat is that a lot of very intelligent people know that "money isn't everything." In fact, money isn't much at all except for what society makes of it, so a lot of well educated people such as myself are not into chasing after money.

By the way, do you think Trump got to where he did through intelligence or hard work? I certainly don't. He was a spoiled, but unloved, rich kid from the start who turned into a major conman and big time liar.

Yes, the history that we are told about the United States "whitewashes" the reality of racial inequality, intolerance and economic injustice. I agree with that. And guess which side of the political spectrum has been leading the way throughout history to racism, intolerance, and economic injustice? That would be conservatism, whatever the party or label might have been at the time for it. Conservatives continue to have an unholy alliance of different factions to advance their cause in the current era.

By the way, the word is "accepted," not "excepted." Excepted means to make an exception of something. Accepted means to agree on something as true or at least tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    You said that wealth has little to do with political alignment, which clearly implies that you thought that is what I meant. That is not what I meant, however. People of any political persuasion can take advantage of the system we have that encourages ever increasing wealth disparities. This system has been driven in recent decades by the forces that I mentioned. You may disagree with that, but the fact is, I agree that wealth itself has little to do with political alignment, although the billionaire class are mostly drawn to the Republican Party due to its explicit emphasis on furthering the conditions leading to massive wealth for a few individuals as opposed to a fairer economic environment.

You are correct that capitalism and greed go way back in history. However, the United States has added elements which are resulting in one of the world's highest levels of income inequality (again, easily verified online).

You then linked wealth to intelligence. There is a correlation between income and intelligence, but very little between accumulated wealth and intelligence. That is because over time, this has become a class society, in which most wealth is inherited, and apparently smart people who have risen up the economic ladder often have not so smart kids. It has a lot more to do with who your parents are, than with intelligence. Another caveat is that a lot of very intelligent people know that "money isn't everything." In fact, money isn't much at all except for what society makes of it, so a lot of well educated people such as myself are not into chasing after money.

By the way, do you think Trump got to where he did through intelligence or hard work? I certainly don't. He was a spoiled, but unloved, rich kid from the start who turned into a major conman and big time liar.

Yes, the history that we are told about the United States "whitewashes" the reality of racial inequality, intolerance and economic injustice. I agree with that. And guess which side of the political spectrum has been leading the way throughout history to racism, intolerance, and economic injustice? That would be conservatism, whatever the party or label might have been at the time for it. Conservatives continue to have an unholy alliance of different factions to advance their cause in the current era.

By the way, the word is "accepted," not "excepted." Excepted means to make an exception of something. Accepted means to agree on something as true or at least tolerable.
    This is the most retarded thing you have ever said. You are assuming. Do you know what happens when you assume? Yeah. Um. Thanks for clarifying the definitions. Did I spell that right?

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    This is the most retarded thing you have ever said. You are assuming. Do you know what happens when you assume? Yeah. Um. Thanks for clarifying the definitions. Did I spell that right?
    You apparently don't recognize intelligence when you see it.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 06-27-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    You apparently don't recognize intelligence when you see it.
    Unfortunately this is the problem with people who vote Republican. What are they getting?????????? For 2 years when the Republicans controlled everything and they weren't afraid (like getting rid of the filibuster if they needed too) to do anything they wanted to do. (what did they do?????) Gave a tax cut to Billionaires, tried to kill Obama Care and confirm Conservative Judges! (also try to be as cruel as they could to stop illegal immigration) That's it folks!!!! I'm sure all your lives are better because of that! Now look at Bidens agenda????? He really is trying to help the average American!!!!! Why in God's Earth do people still vote Republican???? The Republicans already did or tried to do what they wanted. So now their content to do nothing, but confirm judges if they control both the Senate and the White House! So if people vote Republican in the next elections, "HERE IS YOUR SIGN!"

no this is the problem of republicans voting for policy they support

and the numbers are near to those numbers that think republicans are totally insane

republican's

didn't really try to repeal obama care just mouth off about it as a talking point
    once it was available it was here forever ,just like the communist concept of social security

and no party wants to go down in history as the ones that took it away, much to much of a unpopular move

the corp profit cut puts us in mainstream global margins

don't really need to retax the dead so i was happy about no inheritance tax's

more money to be injected into the economy, domestic and global

judges are the gravy that goes with the chicken steak ,

sadly Obama left 128 federal opening that he could have made appointments for before he left office
    nearly half of the positions trump filled. he SHOULD have

the beat go's on

pork tacked on to congressional appropriations remains the same percentage today as under trump

always remember nearly everyone loves bacon

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Name one thing that he has done good for this country.
    Are you guys happy yet? Gues what joe isn’t running things. He can’t tie his shoes. Orange man bad.

you must be hitting the bottle heavy tonight chucky

i think joe is quite cogent
    he just isn't the type of guy bragging to grabbing women by their ****.s because he cheated and lied his way to power and can do it

the economy is as strong as it was when obama vitalized it

if anything the dollar is too strong today

if the democrats had the house and senate as pinky had for the first two years of his term the country would be a much better place today

but with a republican equality in the senate
    they will continue with their do nothing agenda
    willing to screw the nation and see it suffer to promote the great lie they use as a base for policy

for them a bidden success is not expectable

all you have to do is listen to what the first say and then how they use lies to get spin to try to change what they originally said

these hypocritical liars are all terrified of pinkys shadow and have traded fear for morality

woops almost forgot to ask you were you got your info that joe can't tie his own shoes an is suffering from dementia

was it from sean or rudy maybe sidney or maybe it was alex the teller of all that is true and great
    give us a clue
    Last edited by capoisok; 07-11-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    ... or maybe it was alex the teller of all that is true and great.
    Don't say Alex's name 2 more times, or else TJ will pop up like the Candyman.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast