Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Gregory Lake

Default Gregory Lake

Hey,

Anybody know how those largemouth from Barrett they dumped into Gregory have been faring?

I thought they dumped them to help out with the stunted crappie and perch populations.

Any reports or is it WFO and the locals keeping it under wraps?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hey,

Anybody know how those largemouth from Barrett they dumped into Gregory have been faring?

I thought they dumped them to help out with the stunted crappie and perch populations.

Oh, I never heard of this! That's cool thought! If anyone has any info, please pass it along.

I used to fish Gregory Lake a few times per year, until private interests took it over and messed it up. Perhaps I should try again this year. However, they make people go and buy a fishing permit first now. Worse, the fishing declined considerably over the past few years. When they dredged the lake, it messed up the bass, crappie and sunfish spawn. The once abundant but usually small Crappie even became scarce, and so did bass and bluegill. I think they stopped stocking trout too, despite saying that they were going to raise trout in pens and release them into the lake. I did catch one holdover trout shortly after they dredged the lake, but that was it.

I never really targeted bass there, but they used to be fairly abundant, then they declined. Perhaps the bass, crappie and sunfish are making a comeback now, and maybe the trout too. It has been several years since they dredged the lake. The time to find out would be in the spring or early summer.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 03-08-2021 at 10:50 AM.

March 13 and 26th they are getting a trout stocking, should be some lightning too. The tule perch is the best bite there

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    March 13 and 26th they are getting a trout stocking, should be some lightning too. The tule perch is the best bite there
    So, the lake requires a vehicle parking pass AND angler passes and the best bite out there is the tule perch?

Chingao....

I might just sneak into Arrowhead with my float tube at that point. I'll just need to bring a white friend along.

I never fished for bass there, just trout. The tule perch info came from this thread

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...t=gregory+lake

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hey,

Ive see some good pics from time to time. Nothing consistent though. Probably best to just go fish it! I think locals are keeping it on the hush, hush!