Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tough Bite PuddingStone Reservoir 2/27

Default Tough Bite PuddingStone Reservoir 2/27

New guy here but I went and hit up Puddingstone this past Saturday for some "Pre-Spawn" Bass. My brother and I parked at sailboat cove and decided to fish the boat lunch opening to the cove. We later headed into the cove and met a fellow that said he caught a crappie at the end of the cove on the sandbar. We tried that spot but didn't catch anything too. We later kept hiking and fishing the points and headed south past the swim beach to another cove.

As we were making our way around we met other fishers and boaters claiming the bites been hard and they didn't have any success. We made it to the first pier nearest the swim beach. Here is the strange part... A pillar that held the pier up was smoking. I investigated it and it smelled like smoke. There was a fellow fishing opposite to it and he was either oblivious to it or didn't care (He was there before we got there too). My brother exclaimed loudly someone must of tossed their cigg into the pillar. Anyways I took a plastic bait bag of mine and scooped water and put out the fire/smoke. I later ask the guy if he had any luck and he just said no and left. My brother and I think he may have caused fire and didn't care.

Anyways because of the good deed, the fish gods blessed me with a 2.88 lb bass drop shotting a swimbait from the end of the pier. There was no other bites on our way back to sailboat cove. As an extra, while we were on the pier, someone accidentally backed up into the pier with their boat. They fell into their seat so that gave us a good chuckle. The guy was okay though.

TLDR: Fishing was tough at pudd. Stopped a potential fire. Caught a fish.
    Last edited by LocalParksGuy; 03-02-2021 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typos

Sounds like a good day all and all fishing seems a little tough every where now. Should pickup here real soon I'm thinking.

Nice report and info,seems a little early for the bass,but won’t be long now,I’m actually still hitting the local OC regional lakes for the trout,but getting ready for the bass bite soon,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

An almost 3 pounder is a good fish at the Pudd! Good job.

(And who starts a fire and not care? Sheesh)

Quote Originally Posted by LocalParksGuy View Post
    New guy here but I went and hit up Puddingstone this past Saturday for some "Pre-Spawn" Bass. My brother and I parked at sailboat cove and decided to fish the boat lunch opening to the cove. We later headed into the cove and met a fellow that said he caught a crappie at the end of the cove on the sandbar. We tried that spot but didn't catch anything too. We later kept hiking and fishing the points and headed south past the swim beach to another cove.

As we were making our way around we met other fishers and boaters claiming the bites been hard and they didn't have any success. We made it to the first pier nearest the swim beach. Here is the strange part... A pillar that held the pier up was smoking. I investigated it and it smelled like smoke. There was a fellow fishing opposite to it and he was either oblivious to it or didn't care (He was there before we got there too). My brother exclaimed loudly someone must of tossed their cigg into the pillar. Anyways I took a plastic bait bag of mine and scooped water and put out the fire/smoke. I later ask the guy if he had any luck and he just said no and left. My brother and I think he may have caused fire and didn't care.

Anyways because of the good deed, the fish gods blessed me with a 2.88 lb bass drop shotting a swimbait from the end of the pier. There was no other bites on our way back to sailboat cove. As an extra, while we were on the pier, someone accidentally backed up into the pier with their boat. They fell into their seat so that gave us a good chuckle. The guy was okay though.

TLDR: Fishing was tough at pudd. Stopped a potential fire. Caught a fish.
    nice to here you got a fish the only bass i have gotten are about a pound

Nice job extinguishing the fire. Welcome to the site and glad you got a nice one!