Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: BAMBOOZLED! Lost muh first TOAD of the year 2/7/21

Default BAMBOOZLED! Lost muh first TOAD of the year 2/7/21

Been working hard trying to catch a keeper/chrome steelhead this year. Down sizing my baits and being really picky with line. Got a new steelhead rod and everything.

Was fishing steel yesterday with brand new steelhead rod.

Kept catching cutthroats. Figured I’d let the fish tell me what to do. Switched over to old trout rod. Immediately hooked giant steelhead. Bent old trout rod in half. Went running..... trying to save it. Drag screaming like crazy. Giant fish head flopping back and fourth In the current, then LEAPS through the air with a twist and turn down stream. Uh oh! More running! fish plopped over the end of the pool.. into the rapids.
    SNAP! 4lb fluorocarbon breaks.
    Spinner left in steelhead lip and down the chute it went, never to be seen again.
    ��

Dog was mad. “Why the hell you let dinner go?! Get back out there and get my fish back!”

Sorry girl. Maybe I won’t be so stupid next time �� Sometimes, the fish get to win!

Don’t switch out to your old trout rod.
    You bought the new steelhead rod for a reason! ��*♂️

Next post may or may not be my first steel of the year. Finding all kind of new stuff way deep in the woods where there’s no people. Old abandoned washed out bridges and hidden steelhead pools I never knew were there.

JUST KNOW THAT SOMEWERE.. BACK THERE..
    TJ BE FORDING. LOOKING FOR HIS NEXT RIVER MONSTER.
    Last edited by caseyjholmes; 02-07-2021 at 07:27 AM.