Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sarl - 12/19

Default Sarl - 12/19

Figured I’d go to SARL today since they recently stocked (last time I was there was like 10 years ago).

Lines were in the water by 6am. One pole w/ some cheese power bait & the other w/ an orange mice tail, both w/ 18” leaders.

Realized the water’s super murky once the sun came up. Shortened the leader to 12”. Still, nothing.

Tried both orange silver & chartreuse mice tails, in addition to chartreuse, cheese, & spring green power bait, as well as the 1” pinched crawlers (& even added a power egg to the pinched crawlers). Had two bites all morning, both on chartreuse mice tails. It was slim pickings all around.

Probably should have used a shorter leader, like no more than 8”, considering the water clarity.

Anyhow, called it a day & wrapped up by 11:30am. Tight lines.

Yea gotta go right after a stock... They do it every Thursday and i swear every fish that is hungry is gone right after a stock already