https://youtu.be/-VyUOt5bmEk
Ice Fishing through Ultra Clear Ice Changes things because the fish that you are trying to catch right below your feet can see your every movement. They tend to be very spooked fish, although they feel safe under the layer of ice and push up into the extreme shallows under the thin covering to feed in the early ice season. This sometimes makes fishing for them challenging. You can see them... and now you can't. As soon as they see your movement they usually take off for deeper water.

There are a few ways to combat this. Find an area of the ice that has a different light penetration or obscured ice. When you find it hope that fish are actually using the area. Which you can see in my video they really weren't. Next you can fish in deeper water, but they won't necessarily be there.

If you have to fish the shallows sometimes a tent will help you obscure your prescence on the ice and give you a better opportunity to catch the fish. I found that placing a Jaw Jacker in the strike zone also helped to catch fish rather than scare them off. As I moved around on the ice I just usually saw fish taking off in every direction. These fish are not interested in biting your lure once you've pushed them.

It is definitely and interesting opportunity to see where the fish are under the ice and once you get some snow cover keep this in mind and try those spots later when the fish may be less afraid of your presence and still hanging around the same structure.

I hope you enjoy this video even though it did not have the most action, it was pretty interesting for me out on the ice that day to see how the clarity of the ice and weather change turned off the bite and push most of the fish off the shallow areas of the lake.