Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: COVID Spinning Reel Maintenance!

Default COVID Spinning Reel Maintenance!

Lubricating My Okuma Surf 8K & Tips For All Spinning Reels!

How does one take proper care of their spinning reel? Most spinners does include some form of warranty. the trick is to limit down time by taking proper care of your own equipment. I'm always re-configuring my line layouts & using different configurations of rods & reels to maximize my fishing outings. I'm always trying new line & baits to different hooks & techniques. That's what we call the art of angling.

In the past week many changes has occurred. My main video unit lost audio. My SUV has issues. My online store service provider has changed. And my sponsorship responsibilities have grown. While field testing new prototypes some questions came up on how i up-keep my equipment. Since my equipment of choice are predominantly salt water spinners i thought i'd show through video how i learn & care for my equipment.

Light rinsing of equipment is only a small part of what we need to do. Depending of usage maintenance of all reels should be done. From lubing to line inspection. You need to inspect your rod for guide & tip damage. Re-stocking basics from leader line to casting weights, hooks, swivels to catching or buying bait & ice. There's a lot to understand for those that keep accumulating gear.

On this video i 'm sharing my routines & a past failure of keeping-up with spinning reels. Salt water usage puts more stress on your reel & requires more maintenance then fresh water units. Now when i store my rigs i loosen the handles & keep the knobs down when stored. This prevents the handles from locking-up & will prolong the life of your equipment.

https://youtu.be/TatTqghGNDA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	53062