Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: My recipe for garlic fish attractent

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My recipe for garlic fish attractent

Hi,
    A while ago, Etucker showed how he uses Bite-ON-Garlic and BANG Garlic as a fish attractant. Now I know that you can get BANG from Walmart, but I didn’t know where to get the Bite-ON-Garlic. And in lieu of driving to a tackle shop to buy it, I decided to make it. After reachercing online for a recipe, I found this on another fishing forum “Do the same thing you just stated BUT...before you put it into the jar...do this: 1/4 cup olive oil and about 80 pounds of garlic...well at least 4 good size headd worth of the gloves....rough chope em and simmer in the oil for about 1/2 hour....SIMMER...VERY LOW HEAT!!! when its all mushy and gushy you may or may not have to but ad a lil more oil if it seems dryish....get yer boat motor and blend the hell out of it until it thickens and gets super smooth...if its to thin...blend some more. Everyone has theyre own idea of the perfect consistancy so play it by ear. When its all thich and smooth, put it in a small squirt bottle and you have the ultimate garlic scented dip bait. Keep it in the fridge though as if it goes rank...you aint gonna be to popular withth erest of the guys your with....or the rest of the people fishing at the lake for that matter.” I made it, and decided to make some changes for my recipe (for now).
    THE RECIPE

Step 1
    (Still pretty much true to the recipe.) Get one cup of minced garlic and ¾ cup of olive oil.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.52.34 AM.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	53053

Step 2
    (Also still pretty much true to the recipe.) get a small saucepan or pot and throw the garlic and olive oil in there and heat on low.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.53.27 AM.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	53054
    Mix occasionally and have it on low for about 30 mins.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.53.36 AM.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	53055
    (Should look kinda like this, not much different but the garlic is soft.)
    Step 3
    Put it in a jar and mix in garlic powder (about a tablespoon) cuz it’s more concentrated than just regular garlic.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.53.45 AM.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	53056
    and you're done!
    Now that i think of it, i should have just gone out and bought the bite on garlic. The time it took to research and experiment with it took WAY longer than it would have taken to just drive to a tackle shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.41.35 AM.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	53052  
    Last edited by FISHISH; 01-26-2021 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    Hi,
    A while ago, Etucker showed how he uses Bite-ON-Garlic and BANG Garlic as a fish attractant. Now I know that you can get BANG from Walmart, but I didn’t know where to get the Bite-ON-Garlic. And in lieu of driving to a tackle shop to buy it, I decided to make it. After reachercing online for a recipe, I found this on another fishing forum “Do the same thing you just stated BUT...before you put it into the jar...do this: 1/4 cup olive oil and about 80 pounds of garlic...well at least 4 good size headd worth of the gloves....rough chope em and simmer in the oil for about 1/2 hour....SIMMER...VERY LOW HEAT!!! when its all mushy and gushy you may or may not have to but ad a lil more oil if it seems dryish....get yer boat motor and blend the hell out of it until it thickens and gets super smooth...if its to thin...blend some more. Everyone has theyre own idea of the perfect consistancy so play it by ear. When its all thich and smooth, put it in a small squirt bottle and you have the ultimate garlic scented dip bait. Keep it in the fridge though as if it goes rank...you aint gonna be to popular withth erest of the guys your with....or the rest of the people fishing at the lake for that matter.” I made it, and decided to make some changes for my recipe (for now).
    THE RECIPE

Step 1
    (Still pretty much true to the recipe.) Get one cup of minced garlic and ¾ cup of olive oil.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.52.34 AM.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	53053

Step 2
    (Also still pretty much true to the recipe.) get a small saucepan or pot and throw the garlic and olive oil in there and heat on low.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.53.27 AM.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	53054
    Mix occasionally and have it on low for about 30 mins.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.53.36 AM.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	53055
    (Should look kinda like this, not much different but the garlic is soft.)
    Step 3
    Put it in a jar and mix in garlic powder (about a tablespoon) cuz it’s more concentrated than just regular garlic.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.53.45 AM.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	53056
    and you're done!
    Now that i think of it, i should have just gone out and bought the bite on garlic. The time it took to research and experiment with it took WAY longer than it would have taken to just drive to a tackle shop.
    I found another supply of Bite on Garlic. (you are taking a chance of dying when you buy it there) Why because they don't believe in wearing mask in the store! So wear at least a double mask while you're in there and sanitize your hands as soon as you get to your vehicle. Where is this Death Trap???? The Longfin in Orange carry's Bite on Garlic most of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I found another supply of Bite on Garlic. (you are taking a chance of dying when you buy it there) Why because they don't believe in wearing mask in the store! So wear at least a double mask while you're in there and sanitize your hands as soon as you get to your vehicle. Where is this Death Trap???? The Longfin in Orange carry's Bite on Garlic most of the time!
    nowadays, I try not to go to any store unless I have to, pickup on EVERYTHING! That's the other reason why I made this. Should last me till i get the vaccine...

Very interesting. I have never tried fishing with garlic added to the bait. But I can safely say that the addition of anise also perfectly improves the bait. My grandfather also bought anise drops and used them on fishing.

Great thanks for sharing this. Unscented petroleum jelly is the normal one that we usually buy right?

Haven't tried it as of yet. Something came up, but thanks for the tip!