Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sunny Days - 1/10 report

Default Sunny Days - 1/10 report

Had enough quarantine.. and decided to hit Skinner, it's been wayyy to long.
    Too cold for me to be going early though.

Got on the water around 10am...its an absolutely beautiful day on the water.. light wind..and mostly sunny skies.
    Getting ready to launch and this dude in a CC was doing donuts and then flying into the boat launch... ties up and books it fasT!!!
    at first i was like.. what a F'ing dick.. maybe he had the runs and needed a major deuce??? but he heads to the parking...
    next thing i know.. he's down and loads boat on trailer...

Long story short.. was recently serviced.. and boat plug wasn't in... so we talked for a few while his boat was draining.. nice guy. If you're on here.. hope you had a good day on the water after that.
    Also, for those who may not know... IF you ever in that situation... if your boat is moving fwd.. the aerodynamics will help to pull water out of your boat as you're going.

----
    Lotta boats just left out the marina middle of water way.. i navigated around them. Headed to the inlet (some water was flowing but not a lot) and anchored down to relax a bit and do some bait and wait... marked few here and there.. no schools came around. Got a few bites.. finally got a bit and farmed one.

Had lunch and then checked the buoy line. only saw one boat over there and i pulled up near them.. saw them catching a few... we didnt have any luck here.
    Headed to launch ramp 2 and anchored down there to relax a bit and try something new.. they recently stocked trout (tuesday i think...), so we'd figure check it out... same as inlet.. metered one or two roamers...
    Finally picked up one here.. then nothing else rest of the day...

Ranger boat roamed around 2 times while i was on the water today.. and one last time to kick me off the lake.

I think that main group of boats middle of the lake is the poachers/chummers talked about in the other thread... i couldnt quite see if they were still chumming or anything.. seems like maybe the boat in the middle of the pack is doing it.. and the ones surrounding are lookouts/blocking views from outside? idk...

1 fish.. beautiful day on the water... can't wait go get back out there again.. hopefully bit earlier.. maybe nxt good moon phase.

GL to everyone out there... on a side note.. did license fees go up again?? $70+ for my annual, 2 rod and ocean enhancement...
    Last edited by HEMAN; 01-11-2021 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks for the report. I have never fished Skinner and only recently was able to visit. I will be trying my luck soon. Your report is very informative and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    ... maybe he had the runs and needed a major deuce??
    LOL. That's what the chum bucket is for!!

Also, for those who may not know... IF you ever in that situation... if your boat is moving fwd.. the aerodynamics will help to pull water out of your boat as you're going.
    My less than brilliant buddy did that one day at Castaic. Half way down the Fish Arm, I see my swimbait box float by.

"Hey Jerry, did you put in your drain plug?"

"Yeah!"

"Are you sure? There's about a foot of water in the boat."

"No there's not."

"My tackle box just floated by."

Long story short, we pull up to the ramp, trailer his boat, and he had about 25 minutes worth of water in his boat. Atta boy.

GL to everyone out there... on a side note.. did license fees go up again?? $70+ for my annual, 2 rod and ocean enhancement...
    I think fees go up every year, while our fisheries decline.

In any case, thanks for the report! Feels good just to be out there nowadays, don't it, even if the fishing is slow.

Sounds like a great day! Thanks for the nice report!