Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 in the Local park scene

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So wait, was it Ralph B that got the dead fish?

Or Irvine?

Cmon, eTucker, ur confusing us.
    Ralph B fish were DOA!

Irvine Lake fish were either sickly or about dead! They didn't bite on Friday worth a darn, which is highly unusual for them!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Ralph B fish were DOA!

Irvine Lake fish were either sickly or about dead! They didn't bite on Friday worth a darn, which is highly unusual for them!
    round 3 better be better

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    round 3 better be better
    I'll give a Full report at the end of the week!

How about the catfish report? been wait for months lol!

Now excuse my further confusion, but are you saying that the same truck that dumped dead fish in at Ralph B then made a stop at Irvine to dump off more dead fish from his truck?

Or is there no correlation, except both lakes received stocks of dead fish?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Now excuse my further confusion, but are you saying that the same truck that dumped dead fish in at Ralph B then made a stop at Irvine to dump off more dead fish from his truck?

Or is there no correlation, except both lakes received stocks of dead fish?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    The Orange County Regional parks contracted a trout supplier from Idaho named Wright's fish hatchery. (this includes Irvine lake) So the trout truck comes from Idaho with all the lakes trout that are going to be stocked that week in 1 load. That week their was 5 lakes to be stocked. (which I already named) In stocking the lakes the operator screwed up with his oxygen tanks. Some lakes got a good stocking of healthy fish, some got a stocking of weak fish and Ralph B got Dead fish! I hope that makes it a little clearer.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-12-2021 at 05:32 AM.

The Orange County Regional parks contracted a trout supplier from Idaho named Wright's fish hatchery. (this includes Irvine lake) So the trout truck comes from Idaho with all the lakes trout that are going to be stocked that week in 1 load. That week their was 5 lakes to be stocked. (which I already named) In stocking the lakes the operator screwed up with his oxygen tanks. Some lakes got a good stocking of healthy fish, some got a stocking of weak fish and Ralph B got Dead fish! I hope that makes it a little clearer.

Ahh, I keep forgetting Irvine isn't 'private' anymore and now gets the same stocks that the cement ponds do.

Was the water draw down intentional? Or was it the lack of rain that we've been getting the cause for such low water? It's too bad it sounds like I'll be walking through quick sand in order to fish a mud hole or else I'd love to go back. Had some pretty good bass fishing there decades ago, but that's when the lake actually had water.

anybody try driving over into the model plane area and walking around to the east side
    they were always cool about using their lot
    then it should be flat marching to the east shore
    especially now that it's free fishing
    it should be a easy go, more like a hike than the death march

check it out and see if it's still happening

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    anybody try driving over into the model plane area and walking around to the east side
    they were always cool about using their lot
    then it should be flat marching to the east shore
    especially now that it's free fishing
    it should be a easy go, more like a hike than the death march

check it out and see if it's still happening
    The problem is now they have boundary's. The East shore stops at the weird concrete on the Bluff and most of the North shore towards the Red Cliffs on the Eastern section is out of boundary's. Hence the weird route you must take to find that tiny sliver of a spot that is Legal to fish!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-12-2021 at 03:10 PM.

looks like there is nothing to stop you from going into oak canyon and walking over to the shore
    not even fenced in google sat photo's or county top maps

last time i knew for sure was last october
    nighttime float tubers told me it was a nighttime stealth operation entrance , no gates or fences

just lots of big bass and cat's to catch then to photo and release

used to be poacher catch and release tourneys
    Last edited by capoisok; 01-12-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast