Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Round 1 in the Local park scene

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Round 1 in the Local park scene

This report is from 2 weeks ago, however round 2 is going to happen this week. Remember folks their is 2 different groups stocking your local ponds with trout! The first group is the famous DFG and the second group is the Orange County Regional park people. (they usually stock 2 weeks apart in my local ponds) Hence round 2 is coming up. In the first round I was going to hit one of the Orange County parks but their truck broke down and did no stocking that week. So I hit up one of the DFG lakes. The trout were small but sorta plentiful if you could get over the size of them. I watched the guy stock, 11 dip nets full of trout or about 200 fish. Luck was on my side and for some strange reason they also put in a load of catfish. You know what fish I went after don't you? Lol I ended up catching 15 catfish over several outings. (not bad and their were pretty good size)

I next hit up the Orange County fish and I hit the Jackpot! Their were mostly decent size and plentiful! The cool part was they hit everything! The first day they wanted Mini Jigs and moving lures like Kastmasters. The next day they hit everything! After that it was a pick on everything and a lot on the Mini Jigs again! I went 3 day's in a row and caught a limit plus on every trip! A limit plus is because I safely released the mini jig fish! I'm hoping to get something that good this week, but I'm not holding my breath! It can't be that good every time they stock. I'm just being realistic!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-06-2021 at 07:38 AM.