Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lakes and river suggestions Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Google is a great resource for looking up this information. If you do the social media thing, you can get recent info if you do some sleuthing.

Google maps is a great method of finding those blue spots and lines in our area. (We don't have much freshwater around these parts, so nothing is really a secret, and information is readily available online)
    I see what you did there. Yes, we can use Google to "find the blue spots", but I come to a Fisherman's forum to attain insight on the best ones to fish, and get some tips. But thanks, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo View Post
    I see what you did there. Yes, we can use Google to "find the blue spots", but I come to a Fisherman's forum to attain insight on the best ones to fish, and get some tips. But thanks, I guess.
    Problem is, "best" is a relative term....what someone may consider the 'best' lake, can be different from what others consider the 'best' lake. Case in point? I've focused on Lake Cachuma the past 2 months, and have had some awesome fishing. I also know guys who have gone out and not gotten a bite. Those same guys have found a good pattern at Castaic the past few weeks, yet I can't get a bite (from shore.)

Another thing is that bites and patterns, especially in our pressured bodies of water, change by the day, and even by the hour. It takes a lot of effort and time on the water for people to dial down successful patterns.

A good method of doing some research is also searching within the message boards. I saw that you asked for tips on Castaic on another thread. Look into the Castaic reports section and filter it by date, peruse reports for this time of year for years past, and you'll get a good idea of what the fishery does that time of year, and you can replicate your approach based on that.

A general tip for all these lakes and if you're targeting bass? Take a spinning rod (6#) and drop shot main points. Take a baitcasting rod and fly line a 4" Senko in natural colors. Between those two outfits, you'll bound to get into something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12