Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lakes and river suggestions Los Angeles

Default Lakes and river suggestions Los Angeles

Hey guys, Been fishing Lake Arrowhead for ages, so pretty familiar with rainbows, crappie, and bass. But now I'm in central LA (Hollywood) and would love to find some new rivers or lakes in the area, or within a 30-45 minute drive or so. What are your favorites? What kind of fish is there, and please let me know what's in there seasonally if you can.

Thanks!

They are all pretty much city park lakes and you can use google maps to find some in your area, not so sure about rivers (I've never fished the rivers). At those city lakes, rainbows in the winter and spring (they die off from the heat in the summer), bass year round? (somebody correct me if I am wrong), and catfish can be year round but they stock the catfish in the summer. I did hear some people talking about belvedere park lake but have never been there.
    Last edited by FISHISH; 01-03-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHISH View Post
    They are all pretty much city park lakes and you can use google maps to find some in your area, not so sure about rivers (I've never fished the rivers). At those city lakes, rainbows in the winter and spring (they die off from the heat in the summer), bass year round? (somebody correct me if I am wrong), and catfish can be year round but they stock the catfish in the summer. I did hear some people talking about belvedere park lake but have never been there.
    Thanks so much for the help! Will just hit a few locally and see what happens I suppose. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo View Post
    Thanks so much for the help! Will just hit a few locally and see what happens I suppose. :)
    Your welcome! they might be a bit small compared to lake arrowhead though...

Hello Tangelo. Did you used to live at Lake Arrowhead? I used to drive up there and fish the public access area by Lake Arrowhead Village sometimes, but they shut that down a long time ago. I miss fishing there. It was the best lake in the region in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Hello Tangelo. Did you used to live at Lake Arrowhead? I used to drive up there and fish the public access area by Lake Arrowhead Village sometimes, but they shut that down a long time ago. I miss fishing there. It was the best lake in the region in my opinion.
    Yeah, own a home up there, but I also have an apartment in LA for work.Used to fish Arrowhead daily. Great lake. Need to find some great lakes in LA now. :)

We fished Belvedere on 12/31 and hit limit in a few hours. West side of the lake was crowded but was hitting the most but by midday, the trout were biting on the opposite side of the lake. They stock this week.

Thanks man, will check it out!

Thanks man, will check it out!
    i heard they didn't stock today, so maybe tomorrow around 12:30.

Hey guys, Been fishing Lake Arrowhead for ages, so pretty familiar with rainbows, crappie, and bass. But now I'm in central LA (Hollywood) and would love to find some new rivers or lakes in the area, or within a 30-45 minute drive or so. What are your favorites? What kind of fish is there, and please let me know what's in there seasonally if you can.

Thanks!
    Google is a great resource for looking up this information. If you do the social media thing, you can get recent info if you do some sleuthing.

Google maps is a great method of finding those blue spots and lines in our area. (We don't have much freshwater around these parts, so nothing is really a secret, and information is readily available online)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast