Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poachers! It's that time again.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    If you see poaching or chumming on Lake Skinner or any other So. CA. lake, call Lt. Kyle Chang with the DF&G. 951-897-6193.
    I spoke to him today and he's on our side to put an end to chumming for Stripers or any other fresh water fish.
    Thanks for the info.

Well, there is also habitat degradation and overfishing from earlier generations. That just backs up my point that settlers messed up the environment before scientists started trying to compensate for what happened. Capoisok seems determined to blame the DFW for what largely isn't their fault.

no you sound like trump saying it's not his fault

besides partial restoration of native habitat that they by missmanagement ruined
    what success have they

raising inferior biologically produced stock as a replacement for natives species hatchery's are the reason for a complete failure as a cover for missmanagement
    i mean really show me one native fishery in this state that is as good as it was even fifty years ago

let alone as before management became any sort of a governmentally controlled department

120 years ago

there were 10's of million wild salmon along the pacific coast
    the ventura river had between 100 an 300,000 fish alone

san juan creek had native steelheads the same for the san luis rey river had salmon up to tanaja

99% gone

the fed's are a different story they occasionally come up with a good plan that is implemented
    Last edited by capoisok; 01-16-2021 at 02:03 PM.

and this isn't a knock on you but your perspective

fish and game are 90% enforcement not naturlist
    for the most part they outsource most of them

it's people like you that help the habitat
    and the majority of manhours and money aimed at seeing your sporting experience is as good as they can get it whether hunters or anglers
    it's the private sector not the government that keeps things going

you want to see somebody get a ticket call them
    you want to organize and fix something that is wrong try calling BASS or trout unlimited maybe the sierra club

lots of state orgs. that are 100 % conservation

money and numbers
    that's your team i would hope

So, I guess Ranger Rick wasn't nice to you when you were a 10 year old, Capoisok, and you have been carrying a chip on your shoulder ever since. Otherwise, I have no explanation for your misplaced animosity.

There are plenty of examples of fisheries people cooperating with others to help vital habitat, reduce pollution, etc. My brother was a water and soil scientist (recently retired) who helped with the Paiute Cutthroat restoration project around 10 years ago, for instance. He was working with fisheries biologists primarily, who were in charge of the project.

so your brother worked for fish and game or he was a fish and game warden

i have dealt with the state and federal officials as a commercial fisherman for more than 50 years and a licensed angler ever since i was old enough to need a license
    never in that time have i been cited for anything but safety violations

had a beef with the french over eiz 's that kept me dockside once for 3 months in papeete
    the frogs dropped all charges and reimbursed me the cost of our impounded catch

you seem to be a one issue guy so is the cutthroat restoration been a success and returned the native stock to their original historic levels
    last i saw at least 95%of their habitat was gone and most of the remaining 5% left was do to nevada state agency's not the state of calif
    and most importantly who funded the restoration

Fun Fact: Since 1950, anglers across the United States have paid several billion dollars toward the conservation of waterways, wildlife habitat, and angler education! Anglers (people who go fishing) play a critical role in conserving wild places and animals in the United …

next see what the fed's have given in grants

since 1981 when the frgp regulations where put in place the state has been outspent many folds by the feds for cutthroat habitat restoration and the largest amount of money and time an physical labor comes from and is enacted by private donations and volunteers not the state

so once again i ask you what state fishing project has been a success

need a ticket call the fish and game
    want habitat restoration
    get a hold of either the feds or private conservation groups

so go tell ranger rick you have trouble thinking
    Last edited by capoisok; 01-17-2021 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by capoisok View Post
    so your brother worked for fish and game or he was a fish and game warden

i have dealt with the state and federal officials as a commercial fisherman for more than 50 years and a licensed angler ever since i was old enough to need a license
    never in that time have i been cited for anything but safety violations

had a beef with the french over eiz 's that kept me dockside once for 3 months in papeete
    the frogs dropped all charges and reimbursed me the cost of our impounded catch

you seem to be a one issue guy so is the cutthroat restoration been a success and returned the native stock to their original historic levels
    last i saw at least 95%of their habitat was gone and most of the remaining 5% left was do to nevada state agency's not the state of calif
    and most importantly who funded the restoration

Fun Fact: Since 1950, anglers across the United States have paid several billion dollars toward the conservation of waterways, wildlife habitat, and angler education! Anglers (people who go fishing) play a critical role in conserving wild places and animals in the United …

next see what the fed's have given in grants

since 1981 when the frgp regulations where put in place the state has been outspent many folds by the feds for cutthroat habitat restoration and the largest amount of money and time an physical labor comes from and is enacted by private donations and volunteers not the state

so once again i ask you what state fishing project has been a success

need a ticket call the fish and game
    want habitat restoration
    get a hold of either the feds or private conservation groups

so go tell ranger rick you have trouble thinking
    I hear you’ big government using most of the
    Funds for their political agenda , Striper’s need
    To go in oil!!!!!

CM

the links provides f/w 2021 budget appropriations gives a better perspective of their priorities

it's just the cover page but has links to the entirety

what you might be interested is the request for a decrease of funding for habitat restoration
    while increasing the funding for new wardens to enforce reg's and take in citation revenue ,which goes into their general fund not restoration programs
    their starting salary is 6 to 7k a month depending on perks they are eligible for

this link breaks down their entire spending budget
    https://lao.ca.gov/Publications/Report/4275

this is the new general overview proposed for 2021
    https://esd.dof.ca.gov/Documents/bcp...00_BCP3480.pdf
    Last edited by capoisok; 01-17-2021 at 01:16 PM.

I am not a one topic guy by any means. You should know that from reading my comments in the general discussion section. I am more a jack of all trades and an expert on some.

I mentioned Cutthroat Trout because my brother worked for the state water quality control board in Tahoe, where he happened to learn quite a lot about those issues, Capoisok. I think that a lot of state fishing projects have been successful. Golden Trout restoration projects for both strains have been successful too, for example.

Anglers have paid a lot of fees that go toward helping the environment, and that's a good thing. It takes participation, and the more the better. Of course feds, state employees and conservation groups all play a role.

the fish an game are are almost exclusively a law enforcement agency
    not a conservation agency
    their actions of missmanagement over the years are the main reason the states current wildlife stock is in such a dismal state

hatchery fish introduction has been a dismal failure

the sole function is to keep the public happy, and have a trout farm experience

not address the reason for the lack of natural habitat and the quality of biostock

the hatchery program a complete failure resulting in a inferior product

a product ,not a natural restoration of a natural ecosystem
    Last edited by capoisok; 01-18-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast