Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Avet mxl raptor unboxed!

Default Avet mxl raptor unboxed!

AVET RAPTOR - UNBOXED & REVIEWED!

In this review i'm going to explain several key features of this great casting conventional/multiplier reel all in 1 video. I'll also choose and explain my choices of line.

MC Cast Control
    Magnetic Breaking Explained
    How To Properly Adjust The Pre-Set Strike Control
    Which Dial Setting You Should Use For The Casting Knob
    How Much Line Needed For The Top Shot-And Why
    Why No Friction Nut Is Needed
    Adjusting The Lever Drag
    Explaining The Need For High & Low Retrievals
    Recommended Line Strength & Yardage
    How To Tilt The Reel During The Cast & Why

This unit is the Avet MXL 6/4 Raptor 2-Speed R/H Lever Drag.
    Line Class: 25-60 lb.
    Mono Capacity(lb/yds):
    40/200 50-topshot 60-topshot
    Braid Capacity(lb/yds): 50/770 65/500 80/400
    Max Drag(lbs): Strike: 21 Full: 31
    Inches Per Crank: H: 41 in. L: 25 in.
    Weight(oz): 22 oz. MC Models
    Magic Cast Control

Can be used for jigging, trolling, surf & bait casting. A proven reel for Strippers & Salmon off North America. I plan to use this model in Hawaii for Bonefish (O'io), Sharks, Rays, & GT Giant Trevally (Ulua).

I'd like to thank Roy, Ken & Sukil at Charley's Fishing Supply of Honolulu, Hawaii for allowing me to video part of my review at their store. Also Mahalo to Tackle Direct Fishing Outfitters for the reel & speedy delivery.

THE MAIN REASON I WANTED THIS MODEL WAS TO USE THE MAGNETIC MC CASTING FEATURE TO ELIMINATE THE NEED TO "THUMB THE REEL". I'LL BE SHOWING THIS FEATURE IN UPCOMING VIDEOS.

The HXW (HX Wide) size is not available with the MC feature unfortunately, as it was designed for trolling applications. The HX is the largest reel that's currently produced with the MC feature.

"Note: With all due respect the reason Avet dropped the 4/02 & 4/02 Wide series was due to poor performance of the model. The higher tension (built especially for Yellowtail) caused the unit to heat-up & smell. Some old timers remember only this 1 tarnished series & not the rest of the well-proven models. So please judge the current production models for what they are & not what 1 series was".

https://youtu.be/q2l6n5RK1LY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Avet Raptor.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	53012