Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: WHIPPING HONOLULU FOR HALALU (Young Mackerel Scad)!

Default WHIPPING HONOLULU FOR HALALU (Young Mackerel Scad)!

Good Footage of my Mentor Wayne Akagi Fighting a Pan Sized Jack "Papio" In!

After going to the hospital for a hit-n-run injury i decided to check an area that was expecting it's yearly run of Halalu (young Akule), common name Big Eye Scads to see if the school started it's annual yearly appearance. It did. I only had my light travel whipping rod in my truck "for emergencies like this" so i started hooking-up.

Maybe only 15 of us were there. I called my friend Wayne to come down & meet me. By the time he arrived the anglers have doubled. We went off from everyone else as i was eyeing a separated school. We were hooking in 2ft and the Papio (Trevally Jacks under 10lbs) were tearing-up the school. Next thing we know everyone jumped where we were. That's Halalu fishing. There was a Filipino guy in blue jeans and blue shirt that only cared for himself. Tangled me up by whipping literally whipping directly over my shoulder, never said sorry. He was giving everyone headaches. Karma will catch up with non-courteous anglers like him. I was only armed with my Iphone 6, no video unit as i was in town getting x-rays and shots. So this small intro was the best i could do. I decided to post today as it seems that place is now a hot bed of anglers as of yesterday (didn't want to pre-maturely ruin it for others to early).

Personally i hate crowds and fishing with others that show no courtesy. I have my own places that i can fish that's away from the known scenes. I don't fish for bringing home fish, i fish for relaxation and for the action. Fish i do keep i give to surrounding homeless & friends. Just remember to be safe & be respectful to others fishing around you.

https://youtu.be/2xDm1xAmngo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 7.45.54 AM.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	53005